Chapter 29:

I stood frozen in front of my father, and I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"No, don't listen to him." My father whispered.

I need time. I need a plan.

"What's this proposition?" I asked, not unloading my weapon.

"Well, I've heard much about you Ms. Hertla. Your talent with a weapon is incredible." The Inquisitor began circling us. "On top of that, you have a strong connection with the Force. A connection I felt as soon as you shot your first arrow at our troopers."

I looked back the the fleet. They had their weapons trained on me again.

"What is he talking about Sparks?" My father asked.

I ignored him and turned back to the Inquisitor. "What's your point? I know I'm Force-Sensitive."

"Ah! But what you don't know is that you can be so much more. Why do you think that Jedi told you not to use your gift?"

I gasped. "How did you know that?"

"I know many things. But he told you to not use it because he feared your power."

"Yeah. He feared that I would become like you." I spat.

"No. He feared that you would outrank him by Jedi standards. He was jealous of your power and wanted it, but knew he couldn't have it. He did that, to shut you down."

I considered this. Would he?

"Now for my proposition. I will free you're father, let him keep his home, if you join me. We will find those rebels together and shut them down."

I then shook my head.

Wake up! He's trying to trick you! You could never hurt them, never! Not Sabine, Hera, Zeb, Chopper, or Kanan. Or Ezra.

"No, I will never join you. You are merciless people, and I can't live like that." I told him and grabbed my father's arm, ready to get out.

"Uh, Sparks?" My father whispered.

The remaining troops were closing in around us, leaving no escape route.

"Such a pity. You could've had it all Ms. Hertla. But no matter, ready to die?" The Inquisitor whipped out his lightsaber, but this time, both ends had laser blades.

I expected fear to take over, but it didn't. Instead I felt alive. I felt fearless.

Much to the Inquisitors surprise, I smirked at him, and reloaded my bow.

"Are you?" I asked.

That was when all hell broke loose.