Chapter 19:

Ezra lead me down the hall into a wider room with a checkered table and orange cushioned seats lined in a bench.

"Here. Sit." Ezra gestured to the seat.

I nodded in respond and sat. Ezra sat next me and scooted close to me, making my heart flutter.

"S-so shoot." I told him.

"Okay, so the only reason I was in the academy was to recover this decoding chip." Ezra began. "We, the crew on the Ghost, needed that chip to stop an imperial shipment. I had to sabotage you that day in the Well in order to have Zare win with me so we could get back inside Imperial HQ, so we could steal the chip."

"So you guys are rebels... Did you stop the shipment?" I asked.

Ezra nodded. "They got the coordinates just in time."

"But... Is Zare part of the crew?"

"No, not really. He just walked in on me the first time we were assigned to work in Imperial HQ, and he wanted to help. " Ezra paused and sighed. "I really hope he finds his sister."

"His sister was taken away by the Inquisitor too?" I asked.

Ezra shrugged. "I don't know for sure. But considering what happened to us... It seems really likely."

I paused and thought for a moment, looking at my hands. "Ezra?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are we allowed to talk about you know what here?"

Ezra looked confused then chuckled. This laugh sent tingles down my spine, making me smile too.

"Yeah," Ezra then told me. "Its well known here what I can do. And they also know about what you can do."

"They do?" I asked.

"Yeah. I communicated with them frequently about my mission, which eventually turned into your rescue mission."

"But why?"

"Why did we communicate?"

"No." I shook my head and leaned forward on the table, looking Ezra right in the eyes. "You all risked your life for a stranger. You had only known me for a week."

"We do that stuff. We just help people." He said as if it was the easiest thing ever.

I just stared at him. Ezra then leaned in closer to me. I was stunned but didn't move.

"Sparks. Do you know what actually happened the day we met?"

I shook my head, my eyes trained to his.

"You walked into that room. And I saw you, and you didn't just grab my attention because you were the only girl there, but I felt something powerful. I felt this extremely powerful presence. The only thing is felt that close to power was Kanan-"

"Kanan?" I asked.

"He's a Jedi master. He's the guy with the brown hair."

"I thought the Jedi were dead." I told him.

That explains the connection.

Ezra smiled a bit, then leaned back into his chair. "Not all of them. But in all seriousness, I knew you were special when I first saw you. So when you were looking at your papers... I may or may not have hit you on purpose."

"You did that on purpose? That hurt." I said, whined. Then I smiled and laughed, Ezra smiling doing the same.

"But I did that so I could be friends with you to see you were actually like me. I had my suspicions, like when you did that back handspring. But I knew as soon as you told us what happened in the elevator."

"Ah, what a wonderful friend-making strategy. You hit 'em hard once then your all nice with them. Then you hit 'em hard again. Does this work with everyone?" I asked sarcastically.

"Hey!" Ezra pointed his fight playfully at me. "I had to do that for the sake of the mission."

"That one hurt too." I pouted.

"I am really sorry about that, you know that right?" Ezra got serious again.

I nodded. "I do now, it's just then... I didn't know the whole story."

"That's not your fault, I'm sorry." Ezra paused. "You said in the elevator the you had never felt anything like the energy you felt in the Well... Do you know what triggered it?"

I didn't respond, but leaned back in my chair, thinking about that particular moment. Then it struck me.

"You." I said quietly.

"What?"

"You triggered it." I told him, turning to face him again.

"What do you mean?"

"I remember you leaped up before me, you using your gift... And I think it triggered mine."

Ezra didn't respond, I looked awkwardly down at my boots while I felt him stare at me.

"I've never heard of that..." He muttered.

Just then a door opened, and the man with the brown ponytail walked into the room. Kanan.

"Sparks?" He asked.

I nodded hesitantly.

"Can I speak with you?"

I felt my body freeze up, but I nodded and stood from my seat.

"Follow me." Kanan, opened another door and walked through.

I gave Ezra a fearful glance. Ezra have me a reassuring smile, and mouthed 'He doesn't bite'.

I smiled back and nodded, then followed Kanan through the open door.