Chapter 28:

Night had fallen over the city, but the light from homes and street lights have me just enough view of my prey. I sat perched on top of the roof, observing the group of Troopers that had come to the city jail, for reasons I knew all too well. They had a troop transport parked right outside.

I could barley make out their conversations. But I had a feeling they are about to begin loading up their ship.

A storm trooper can out of the building I resided on and approached a commander. "Are we ready to bring them out sir?"

"Yes, bring them out." The commander gestured.

Seconds later 2 prisoners came walking out, their hands shackled together. Both were escorted by two storm troopers. The first, was a middle aged man, I had no idea who he was. But the second, I knew despite the new scars on his face.

"Dad." I whispered, and shivered looking at his injuries.

They are going to pay for those.

Then my dark switch turned on. I knew exactly what to do. I smirked and loaded my bow, and pulled back into shooting position.

Spark!

I lowered the bow.

Spark, I know you can hear me!

I released the tension on my weapon and furrowed my brows.

Ezra, stop.

No! You need our help! Where are you?

Even in my mind I could hear his desperation. I shook my head, even though he couldn't see.

This isn't your fight. Leave Haldeen. I'll take care of this.

Spark! Do not ignore me! Where are you! Your gonna get yourself killed!

I sighed. Well maybe that's how it was meant to be. I can't pass this opportunity up. This is my only chance to save my father. You're not going to stop me.

No! Stop! Don't attack!

I ignored Ezra, and raised my bow, aiming at my father's right storm trooper.

I shot, and it hit perfectly. The arrow penetrated the storm troopers armor.

"What was that?"

I loaded my bow again and shot the other.

"Attack!" The commander shouted. "Get the prisoners inside the transport!"

The other prisoner was dragged into the transport, while storm troopers rushed at my dad. Just as one was about to reach him, I shot. That arrow landed right in his chest, the soldier fell to my dad's feet.

My father looked around in relief. He knew it was me.

I loaded another arrow and jumped from the roof, landing clean onto the top of the transport.

"Anyone who touches the prisoner get shot!" I shouted loud and clear.

"Top of the transport!"

Two storm troopers raised their blasters and shot. My gift kicked in and I dodged them with ease.

I loaded another arrow best to my first and shot both of them. Both arrows met their targets and they slumped to the ground.

I slid down the side of the transport, while loading my weapon again.

"Blasters down!" I yelled, running over to my dad, separating him and the fleet.

At first they hesitated, then dropped their weapons in defeat.

"Sparks. You came for me." I felt my fathers arms wrap around me.

"We'll have to talk later. We need to get you out of here." I turned towards him, tugging at his restraints.

"Oh I don't believe that will be happening." An accented voice said smoothly.

I froze, my father's face etched in fear. I whipped around and aimed my bow at the new voice. He stood in the transport, I was unaware of what species he was. But I was quite sure he wasn't human, for his eyes were yellow and face was an ashen grey.

He pulled a short object off his back, at first looking like a thick tree stick. Suddenly red light burst from that stick, transforming into a weapon is only heard about.

A lightsaber.

"Sparks Hertla. I'm an quite disappointed that you fell for my little trick." He stepped out of the transport and began stepping slowly towards us.

"Stay back!" I warned and shot my arrow.

The villain simply waved his lightsaber and the arrows was split in half in mid-air, falling to his feet.

I gasped, and loaded another, even though I knew they were useless.

"I believe you have heard of me, but what manners would I be of I'm not to introduce myself? I am the Inquisitor..."

He stopped right in front of me and smiled, showing his yellow pointed teeth. "And I have a proposition for you, if you'd like to hear."