9- Aria (EDITED)

Gunner and I argued back and forth about me going to the fight along the way home. I wanted to go and bring Nikki along with me, but he continued refusing my being there to watch the battle. I didn't see the big deal in me going. I also didn't understand why he was so adamant that I couldn't be there.

"Fine. If you are that persistent that I not go, then I'm going to be persistent that you do not come around my work anymore or my house," I said, pulling his chain just to see what he would say. Because if he were to say, fine, or, if it has to be that way, then I know he's not the guy for me.

"Aria..." he emphasized, as if it hurt him saying my name.

"What's it going to be?"

"I really do not want you to be there. I don't even like that your brother will be there. It will be a completely different fight than the one you last saw, and I don't need you freaking out."

I shifted my body and turned towards him, giving him a look I knew always worked with my brother. "I'm not exactly sure what kind of relationship you're hoping to have with me, whether it's friends or something more. But if you want to have any kind of relationship with me and would like me to get used to you doing what you do for a living. Then you'll allow me to be there and to watch you fight. I need to start somewhere, right?"

I watched his facial expression change and knew I had hit a soft spot in his heart or mind. But is it going to go my way? Or will he let me go and say, sayonara baby?

He pulled into my driveway, shut the car off, and sighed heavily while turning his head towards me. "You really want to go?"

No, not really.

Then again, if this Tiger fighting machine is as dangerous as my brother said, he is. With Gunner confirming it, then I want to be there. I really like Gunner, and if he's going to be a fighter, it's something I have to learn to deal with.

I may not like or agree with him fighting, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, it's also who and what he is. Something I can't change or will ever try to change.

I know I should think like my brother, and do what he's always telling me; put on my big girl panties and quit putting on those damn grannie panties. Justin also mentioned that we only live once, that I needed to live a little, and that I need to go out and discover who I really am and not act like what other people want me to be.

Be me.

Am I really that bad? And am I nervous Nellie, like Justin has claimed I was in the past?

Oh my gosh...

I am.

But in my defense, that's not my fault either. Justin and everyone else can blame my father and mother because it's their fault.

Live a little.

Justin says that to me all the time.

Gunner has told me that a few times.

And my best friend, Nikki, has said it as well.

Fine... they all win.

"Yes," I insisted, "I want to be there. Please." I begged, batting my eyelashes at him.

He looked away from me, groaning. Then he started rubbing his face—hard. I could see he was having a complicated debate with himself and wasn't sure what to do.

"Fine. I'll bring you and Nikki along. Just please don't get in the way. This fight is crucial."

I was not too fond of how he said the fight was crucial. And now it has me wondering how this fight could be so damn important. It's an underground fight, and from what Justin said, it's illegal. So how can this fight be so important to him?