29- Aria (EDITED)

Three months ago, after my talk with Cole, Gunner was able to put some of the missing pieces of the puzzle together after. But the only puzzle piece he couldn't figure out was Shelby's relationship with The Tormentor. Gunner still believes Cole and Torrence are lying, whereas I think differently about the situation.

Obviously, I never knew her, and I don't know anything about her, so I can't be too sure about what her motives were. And if the truth ever were to come out, and I was wrong, I'd feel terrible about what my assumptions have been.

Gunner is adamant that Torrence wanted Shelby back and was doing or saying everything possible to make her take him back. I agree with Gunner there, but where we think differently is. He believes Shelby told Torrence she would take him back under the pretense she would, hoping to get him off her back. It set him off when that didn't happen and after the disqualification of the fight that landed Gunner in the hospital.

He also believes The Tormentor planned for months on what he would do, and because Torrence knew Gunner was in the Championship fight, he chose that night to hurt Shelby and hurt all chances of Gunner winning.

Gunner lost that night.

This is what I think may have happened. I could be wrong, but I believe Shelby and Torrence were in talks of getting back together. But she wanted to wait to say anything to Gunner until after his championship fight. I feel The Tormentor couldn't wait any longer for her to leave Gunner and felt Gunner talked her out of leaving him. So Torrence ended her life in case he did lose her to Gunner.

I agree with Gunner that The Tormentor felt if he couldn't have Shelby, neither could Gunner. And since she was with Gunner's father that night, they ended his life to keep him from getting in their way from hurting Shelby.

Hopefully, soon, Gunner will find out the truth. I hope it won't break him, whatever the fact may be.

Since that wild night, I met with Cole, Gunner, and Neron have had me in the gym training. Not only have they been teaching and strengthening my self-defense moves, but they've also been teaching me how to fight.

Neron still thinks he'll get me in the ring. And then there's Gunner, who outright refuses that ever happening.

As for me? I don't know what to think. I can't fight, and I can't ever see myself in the ring doing what Gunner does. I feel the same as Gunner; I don't want to walk around with cuts and bruises on my face.

I stared at the door, watching all the morning coffee snobs entering the coffee house, standing and waiting in line for their morning caffeine fix, then lifted my mug to my lips, about to take a sip, until Justin spoke.

"Aria, it's been months since you've been home. Why don't you just sell your place?"

I set my mug down. "I would love to, but Gunner wants me to wait until this is all over. I think he wants to use my home as bait since Shelby's home got destroyed before they got to her," I sighed.

"That could be months or even years. It's been six years, as it is," Justin emphasized. "How much longer is this going to take? I absolutely hate that you've gotten yourself involved in the mix," Justin groaned.

"Yeah, thanks to Cole," I hissed. "I still cannot believe you hid his fighting from me."

He furrowed his brows. "Would it have mattered?"

I shook my head. "No, not really. But it makes me wonder what else you've hidden from me." I picked up my caramel latte macchiato and stared at the heart they designed into the froth. "Did you go to all of Cole's fights?"

"Not all of them, but some. Cole wasn't that exciting to watch. There was absolutely nothing to brag about with him. Now, Gunner? That's a different story. He's been my favorite fighter for years. He's exciting to watch, and he knows how to fight. Whereas Cole, he's kind of a pussy," he snickered.