17- Gunner (EDITED)

Neron stood beside the bench press, his arms folding along his chest, looking entertained every time I lifted the weight bar. He thought he'd be funny raising my weight limit again, thinking it was what I needed to prepare for my fight in a few days.

Thankfully, it wasn't as extreme as he did when I was preparing to fight the ugly Neanderthal a few weeks back.

Curious to see his reaction, I said, "Last week, I went to the hospital to visit with Hunter." I exhaled, lowering the weight bar to my chest, then lifted with my eyes on him.

I got what I expected. Neron's hands formed to his hips, and he furrowed his brows, not liking what he heard. Nevertheless, I did what I had to do, even if it didn't get me very far.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," I croaked.

"Why would you visit him? I told you to stay away from there and that I would be the one to check on him. Visiting with him could create issues you don't want happening, possibly threatening Aria's life," Neron groaned, leaning over me with a scowled look.

"I didn't go there to cause problems. I went there to ask Hunter questions—questions I finally want to be answered. He's the only one I know that can answer those questions."

"Damn it, Gunner! I fucking told you to stay away from him!" he bellowed, spit painting my face. "You know that you just jeopardized your and Aria's lives."

I inhaled as much air as I could while pushing up the weight bar, placing it on the bar holder.

"Calm your fucking tits. I didn't get to talk to the fucking Neanderthal, anyway. His brother finally visited him, and then he had him moved to a different room. But unfortunately, the hospital hired someone to guard his room. At least that's what someone there told me."

"And who told you this?" he jeered.

"The fucking guard himself," I snorted as I sat up. "Although something didn't seem right. I don't think the hospital hired him; I felt it was his brother who hired him."

"Damn it, Gunner... what were you thinking?"

My head snapped up, and I pointed my finger at Neron. "Justice... I was thinking about getting justice for my old man and Shelby. That's what. They both fucking deserve it, and I want fucking answers. I deserve to know why they did and what they did. He wanted me, not them!"

"Yeah, well, he got them... and if you're not careful, Aria will be next," Neron warned angrily.

"Yeah, I already got that fucking memo the night I fought that fucker. Nothing will happen to her. I'll be making damn sure of that."

Neron mockingly laughed and shook his head.

"What do you plan on doing? Do you plan on keeping her glued to your fucking hip?"

"I've got it handled. You worry about what you're supposed to be worrying about, and I'll worry about Aria. She's mine to worry about, not you."

Neron groaned as he raised his arms to his chest, crossing them. He knew I was right. But then again, I see his point as well. He has to deal with me, and if something were to happen to Aria, he knows what he'll have to put up with.

"Anyway, about BK the Tiger. What are the questions you want him to answer? I'll fucking go there, talk to him and see what I can get out of him."

"You're not going."

"Why not? I'm sure I can get something out of him."

"The Tormentor has a list of everyone who cannot visit him. I, of course, was on that list. But the funny thing is, you weren't..." I said, giving him a curious glare as to why.