18- Aria (EDITED)

Mr. Clayborn once told me, 'sometimes your path in life takes an unexpected turn, and when that happens, you feel unsureness about which direction you should follow. You question if you should continue taking the course you were taking or follow the new path and see if you end up in the place you're destined to be.'

'And if you choose the right path, eventually, it will lead you to where you need to be, possibly bringing you to the one you are meant to be with. Once that time comes, you'll immediately know because you'll instantly feel a connection that you belong together. And if that new person in your life makes you feel alive, then that's the first hint they're the one for you.'

As I stared at my reflection, looking at the dress Gunner bought me, I wondered how I got so lucky for him to just fall into my lap?

Was it a coincidence?

Was it luck?

Was it fate?

Or was Mr. Clayborn right with his wise words?

The longer I thought about it, I've determined it was all of it. Because had Justin not talk me into going to the fight that night, or Nikki talked her cousin into having Gunner speak to us sometime during the night, Gunner and I would never be. Fate was at my side that night because I wasn't looking for any man to fall into my life, and out of all the females attending the fight, I wasn't expecting Gunner to choose me—I was the lucky girl that captured his eye.

Since meeting and hanging out with Gunner, I noticed my life had transformed tremendously, especially after he told me to allow my mind to go free. I've done so many things I never thought of doing, and surprisingly enough, I've enjoyed exploring them all so far. Gunner brought out this wild side of me nobody ever thought existed within me. And he woke my body from the dead because now I have these intense sexual desires all the time. Including incredible sexual energy and exciting sensations I never knew anyone could have and feel.

As a result, my eyes opened to a new life—a life that is so much more exciting than what I lived. My life went from being monotonous and boring to exciting, stimulating, exhilarating, and thrilling.

And I love it.

As Gunner walked me through the hotel's main lobby, I never felt so noticeable or beautiful after seeing other men eyeing, smiling, winking, and nodding at me as we walked past them. Gunner immediately noticed the stares and their reactions and tightened his hold on me, proudly showing everyone around us. I was his and his only.

By wearing this stunning gold sequin dress, I looked and felt like a million bucks for the first time. I felt important—like I'm some big, high-profile person or a celebrity on their way to the Academy Awards.

Gunner never said where he was taking me, and I didn't care. All I cared about was that I'd be spending time with him differently from how we've spent together this past month. After stepping outside the hotel, I noticed a nice-looking older gentleman standing in front of a parked shiny black limo, looking at us while extending his hand to the opened back door.

Now I really feel like a celebrity, but without those annoying paparazzi, people hounding us.

Gunner stayed to talk with the driver as I got into the vehicle. Then, as I looked around, Gunner peeked his head inside with a smile. "Do you approve?"

I looked at him, surprised. "Why wouldn't I? With what I'm wearing now, it's way better than riding on the back of a motorcycle."

He chuckled. "I'm glad you approve."

As he got inside, he closed the door behind him. "Come here and sit next to me," he said, patting the seat beside him.

"You don't have to ask me twice," I said, grinning as I sat next to him.