10: After the storm

*Addison's POV*
Today I woke up from Mere running her fingers through my hair. I stayed still for a while and then I looked up to her. When she saw I was awake she smiled ear to ear.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Mere said softly brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Good morning, baby. Is the storm over?" I said sleepily.

"Yes, it's over. If you want we can stay here or go to work." Mere suggested while caressing my cheek.

"Can we go to work?" I asked softly

"Sure we can. Let me go to the bathroom and let me get you some clothes and a sweater. Look, my bathroom is to your right, so I won't leave the room." She said and then she placed a kiss on my forehead.

  Mere went to the bathroom and a few minutes later she came out with a towel around her body. She went to her dresser and picked out a long dark navy blue jeans, which were a little short for my tall self, and and a purple long sleeve shirt.  Then she picked out some light blue jeans for herself and a blue t-shirt.

"You can change in the bathroom if it makes you comfortable or want some privacy." Mere said softly handing me the clothes.

"Thanks, but I'm fine here." I said softly giving her a small smile.

"Okie dokie." Mere said returning the smile.

  Mere and I changed in a comfortable silence in her room. After changing I asked Mere if she could braid my hair like she did before and she said yes. After she finished braiding my hair she handed me her favorite grey hoodie. I put it on and we headed downstairs and I quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a banana and ran back to Mere. We went outside and got in my car, but Mere was driving and we headed to the hospital. We went inside and started to walk apart, but Mere grabbed my wrist quickly and I turned around and she looked into my eyes.

"Addie, honey, if you really need me you page me, ok? But, if I don't answer, check the OR board because I'd probably be in a surgery. So, you go to the gallery or call Callie if you want. And if you feel alone remember that you aren't because you have me and all of this other people that live you and care about you, ok?" Mere said softly, running her hands up and down my arms.

"Ok. I love you!" I said smiling.

"I love you, too!" She said returning the smile and kissing me.

  After a few hours I felt a little lonely, so I went to check the OR board to see if Mere was in surgery and she was. Mere was in Bailey's service and she was in OR2 so I headed towards it and went into the gallery. Throughout the surgery Mere kept looking up at me.

"Grey! Why do you keep looking up to the gallery?" Bailey shouted and I jumped a little from my chair.

"Don't yell! You're going to scare Addison. I look up to make sure she's okay." Mere says calmly.

"Damn, Grey! Go to your girlfriend, I'll close." Bailey said with an annoyed tone.

  When I saw Mere heading to the scrub room I heading down.

Hi, Mere!" I said smiling as I entered the scrub room.

"Hi, Addie. Are you ok?" She said softly while starting to scrub out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just felt a little lonely and I had nothing to do, so I can't here." I said pecking her temple.

"You seem super happy! What happened?" Mere said cheerfully.

"Well...yesterday after having my breakdown and you telling me how important I am, something changed in me. I'm not sure what, but I feel better about myself. Plus, I realized that you and my friends are not the only ones who care about me. I mean, what Izzie did yesterday was super sweet and it showed that she cares, too. I think all your friends care which I think it's really sweet."  I said with a small smile while standing next to her.

"I'm proud of you, Addie!" She said wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Let's go and get something to eat. I'm starving!" I said taking her scrub cap off and putting it in my scrub's pant pocket.

  We went to the cafeteria and grabbed our food and sat where we always seat. When we finished eating we just sat there while Mere laid her head on my shoulder. A few minutes later I told Mere that I wanted to take a nap. We headed inside and she took me into a empty on-call room. Before she left the room I grabbed her arm.

"Mere, can you stay until I fall asleep?" I asked softly with a little hint of sadness in my voice.

"Sure, honey." Mere said with a smile.

"Oh, here. Your scrub cap." I said taking her scrub cap out of my scrub pocket.

"Thanks, Addie."

  Mere laid down down with me and I cuddled up to her and she told me about her day. She stroke my hair gently and in that moment I realized that I don't need to be scared. I still do love my parents even though they treated me like garbage in my childhood. I know that since I met Meredith I've felt better about myself. Before I knew it I was out with a blink of an eye and the world was dead to me.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*
A/N
I feel like this chapter was boring. The only part that I like was when Addie took Mer's scrub back, it was adorable 🥰