17: After surgery

* Meredith's POV*
It's been two hours since Addie went into surgery. I was about to stand up to go outside, but two nurses came in rolling Addie into the room. She was intubated and attached to all of this machines and side I saw this everyday, but this is my Addie. I brought a chair besides her bed and I held her hand. I laid my head on her thigh and I stayed there watching and counting every breath she took. I'm too afraid to fall asleep because I feel like something bad might happen to her.

1 hour and a half later...

I'm zoned out thinking about the worst scenarios. Like what if I lost the most important person of my life? I don't know what I'd do without her. She makes me smile in the mornings and no one smiles in the mornings. Her brown sugar and vanilla smell is in everything I own. And who would steal me scrub cap of my head after surgery? I'm so in love with her I don't even remember how my life was before I fell in love with her.

I'm so deep in my thoughts I got interrupted by someone squishing my hand. I sat up and looked at Addie.

"Addie?" She opened her eyes and started chocking on the tube. I called the nurses and they took it out.

"Hi, baby." She said hoarsely.

"Hi!" I whispered, my eyes filling up with tears.

"My head hurts." She squinted her eyes.

"I know, honey. I know." I caressed her cheek and paged Derek.

A while later Derek came in and he did the neuro exam and he said that everything is fine and that we could come later to check on her again. He left and I laid next to Addie. I laid on my side and I put my arm on top of her pillow, resting my head on my hand. I carefully played with her hair around her bandage trying not to hurt her. Soon enough she fell asleep. I pages Cristina, Izzie, Alex, and George to keep me company and my mind off what happened. I can't stand Addie being hurt because it hurts too much. A few minutes later I saw them walking into the room.

"Hi, Meredith." Izzie whispered.

"I brought more snacks!" Cristina said putting the snacks in Addie's portable table.

"Thanks for coming guys." I gave them a small smile.

As time went by we stuffed our faces with the snacks and they told me crazy stories about their patients. Izzie told us that she had a patient that had a worm up their nose. Alex told us that he and George had a patient who thought that chlamydia was a for of aids . We all talked and made joke but George stayed quiet. We all know he was the biggest crush on me, but he has to move on.

"Hmm. Damn, you guys are too loud." We heard Addie saying and we laughed.

"I'm sorry." I said pecking her forehead and she opened her eyes.

"What are you guys doing here?" Addie asked with confused look on her face.

"I'm here for Meredith and you. I don't know about these three." Izzie said pointing at Cristina, George, and Alex.

"Same." They all said in unison.

We all laughed and we started to joke around again. A few minutes later Derek popped up to do another neuro exam and left. We all stayed in Addie's room and we stayed overnight. This little act showed me that my friends care about Addie like I do.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*
A/N
Hi!! I published another story. It's called 'New Beginning'. It's also a MerAdd/ Merddison story.

Here is some fries🍟