chapter 2

Lisha smiled as she swerved into the driveway as her mind went back to how Nikki had woken her earlier in the morning. That girl never listens to her, after warning her several times to stop waking her with a bowl of water on her birthday, she still went through with it, the funniest thing, Gran and Miracle even joined her today.

The smile on her face faltered when she heard the bang on her car, looking into the mirror, she noticed a blue Sports car had hit her car. Hastily, Lisha got down from her car and walked over to the Sports car.

She banged furiously on the windscreen before the driver rolled down his side in surprise.

"Hey," Jimi called out still wondering if the lady was crazy.

Lisha walked to his side and recognition dawned on Jimi; the crazy lady was Lisha; the girl Mark had showed him yesterday.

"Are you…," Lisha started but that was the last Jimi  heard as he kept on gaping at the perfect beauty in front of him,  she had a fair and glossy skin that shone brightly in the early morning sunlight, slender eyebrows that looked down sweeping eyelashes and dainty eyes which sparkled, button nose set over puffy heart shaped lips, her hair was ebony black and it flowed over her shoulder which left him wondering how her hair could be that long, while she talked, her shiny white teeth that complimented her bright face shone, she looked  so much like a teenager, but he knew she would probably be in her mid twenties.

A smack on his head brought him out of his reverie. Wait, did this lady just smack him?

"Did you pierce your eardrum? If you know you can't drive, return the car to the person that borrowed you na, I'm sure the owner would have been expecting it or did you bring it to him?" Lisha said on top of her voice.

Jimi squeezed his face as he got down from his car, and she moved back, that gave him a clearer view of her, she was imp- thin. She...wait, did she just say he borrowed the car?

"Excuse me, miss, I…," she snapped her fingers across his face and cut him short.

"Excuse yourself, you scratched my car and you're here trying to justify yourself, infact give me the number of the owner," she dashed him a scowl and Jimi shook his head in disbelief.

He looked down at himself and wondered if he looked like a driver or someone who could borrow a car.

"I knew it from the start, you're deaf right?" She moved closer to his ear and screamed.

Jimi covered his left ear with his hand and stepped back a bit while looking at her in surprise. How could someone be this slender and yet feisty. She must have spent her time fighting around maybe that was why she looked twine- thin.

"You can hear me, so, now will you give me the number of the owner or you'll pay for the scratch?" She demanded while placing her hand on her waist and shaking her body like someone prepared to fight.

"Um...you called it a scrath yourself, so…" she stopped him with her raised palm, and he bit off the rest of his words.

"If you don't want me to turn that your handsome, what am I even saying? That your ugly face, if you don't want me to turn it into a mop, answer me now!" She shouted and Jimi flinched while the passerby glanced at them.

"Um…let me send you some money," he stuttered. Why does he have to stutter in front of this lady? He never stuttered in front of a lady, most especially a small lady, he was always at the upper hand but it seems this current one was crazy.

"Do I look like I need your money?" She glared daggers at him, and he sucked in his breath.

"What do you want then?" He asked almost frustrated.