chapter 10

Dedicated to Timilehin06- Check out her book Teenagehood; it's what we all need.

"What's the occasion?" Nikki queried as she walked into Lisha's room, she'd just gotten back from Silverbird Galleria with Miracle and Gran, they'd left earlier in the day only to be back in the evening.

"It's Mama's birthday," Lisha turned away from the mirror and smiled at her.

"Jimi's Mom?" Nikki scrunched her eyebrows and Lisha nodded in return before standing up.

"Wow, I didn't know about that, it's meant to be an elaborate party right?" She revealed her teeth in a grin.

"No, just for family, infact Mark and I are the only outsiders invited but Mama claims we're family," The reply felt like a slap on Nikki's face, but she decided to sham a plastic smile.

"Oh, well, you look good today, I can't believe you didn't wear any odd cloth."

Lisha threw her head back as her long weavon wig flowed behind her while laughing before taking in her look in the mirror, she was in a short black evening gown that fitted her perfectly.

"No makeup?"

"Yup," she picked her ladylike bag before she had the beep from her phone, looking at the caller, it was none other than Jimi, well, Mama had insisted he picked her up even though she was aware of her having her own car.

"I've got to go," she announced as she proceeded to leave the room while Nikki walked behind her with different thoughts racing through her mind.

As she cascaded down the stairs, Jimi looked up from Miracle who was already on his laps as he stared deeply at Lisha who smiled at him. Nikki who was behind her only fixed her gaze on Jimi, she loved the way Miracle was on his laps and had several thoughts pouring into her mind.

"Hey," Lisha smiled at him immediately she got down the stairs.

He swallowed his saliva before replying, "Hi," then he dropped Miracle on the floor as she walked back to Gran.

He opened his mouth to talk but Nikki stopped him, "Hi, I heard it's your Mom's birthday." She gave him one of her smiles that always attracted guys to her.

"Yeah," he replied succinctly before turning back to Lisha, Nikki wanted to talk but he impeded her by telling Lisha it was time to leave.

After bading Gran and Miracle bye, they left the house.

"Did I tell you I sprained my hand?" Lisha teased as she walked into the car. Jimi chuckled before slamming the door as he walked to the driver's seat.

"You almost blocked my eardrums with that bang," Lisha hissed immediately he got into the car.

Jimi only chortled before he started the car as he drove out of the compound. It was silent at first before he tuned in the radio. 'Shekere' by Yemi Alade ft. Angelique kidjo filled the air and in a second, Lisha raised her voice to its peak.

"God, Smallie, lower your voice, we're on the road."

She turned to him and smiled before continuing her shouts.

"You're just saying rubbish, you don't even know the lyrics."

"Whatever," she waved her hand before continuing the noise.

"God, your voice is terrible."

That made Lisha stop the noise as she turned to him, "It's nothing new, I love music but I just don't have the voice."