chapter 37

Jimi rushed at the guy who was trying to undress the sleeping Lisha, pulling him away from her, he landed a punch on his face.

"Who are you?" Jimi yelled as he grabbed the guy's shirt pulling him up from the floor. He'd met him trying to undress Lisha apparently he wanted to rape her.

"Let go of me," the ugly looking middle-aged man said while trying to get away from Jimi's grip but Jimi gripped his shirt harder in fury. How dare he touch Lisha?

"Who the hell are you?" He shouted.

"Uncle, calm down, she..." Another punch landed on his face and that sent him staggering and eventually falling to the ground.

All the while, Lisha was still sleeping, she didn't even flinch at all, normally, she should have woken up and that made him realize she was probably drugged, he remembered it was after she drank from the water bottle that she became weak, recalling she brought the water bottle from her bag, he knew the answer.

"What's happening?" Nikki questioned as she barged into the room. Jimi turned to her with his eyes blazing coals of fire, it wasn't until then that she noticed the guy on the floor.

Jimi turned back to the man who was now bleeding, then he grabbed his shirt again, "Now, if you don't tell me what this is all about, just start reminiscing your stay in jail and I assure you, you'll rot in jail," he said in between gritted teeth as he proceeded to being out his phone from his pocket and that made the guy shudder.

Nikki moved closer to them, she'd never seen Jimi angry, he looked so…

She jerked her head towards the guy when she noticed he wanted to talk.

"You should take it easy, maybe, we should just call the securities now before taking the case to the station," Nikki suggested and Jimi turned to glare at her.

Immediately the guy heard what Nikki said, he decided to talk," You want to call the police?"

She ignored him and turned to Jimi, "Should I call the security? They don't even have tight securities in this resort."

"You sent me here," the guy said in vexation. Nikki had approached him few days back and had offered him a huge amount of money if he was ready to do her job, actually, Mopelola had been the one who introduced Nikki to the guy.

Nikki had gone to the slum alongside Mopelola who didn't know it was all a plan for Lisha not like she cared though, on getting there, Nikki noticed he was a poor man who would surely do the job so far money was involved, she had intentionally not approached the criminal looking guys 'cause she was certain they would ask for a ridiculous amount of money.

After the deal had been settled, she went back home, that was when she overheard Lisha talking to Jimi about the venue of the bachelor's Eve. She smiled to herself knowing it would be easy for the guy to do the job then she convinced Kemi who planned to have her bridal shower in her house, after much persuasion, Kemi who didn't know Mark would also be having his bachelor's Eve there agreed.

"You're responsible for this?" Jimi asked in disbelief, though he knew she was an imp but not to this extent.

"Do I know you? Have we met before? What's the meaning of all this nonsense? You better confess who sent you here? Infact, call the police abi what's all this?" Nikki snapped while giving the guy signs.

"Oga please, don't call police, this lady sent me here, she…" he pleaded as he knelt down quickly.

Nikki cut in, "Is your sanity intact? Just take a look at yourself, do I look like someone that would know you let alone approach you, Jimi, don't mind this man, you…"

"Ah, madam, fear God nah, you…"

"Shut up!" She screamed before pulling off her flip-flop and throwing it at the man.

"Nikki, stop!" Jimi yelled and she kept quiet.

"Mr. Man, you can go," he permitted and the man quickly got up with smiles dancing on his face revealing his ugly and dirty teeth. Why would  Nikki pay an unkempt man to rape Lisha?

"Oga thank you oo, thank you, Madan, send my balance oo," the man said before leaving the room while Nikki only glared at him as she was dumbfounded.

Jimi moved closer to Lisha who was still sleeping soundly then he pulled up her shorts.

"Jimi, he..."

"Get out!" He said as calmly as he could.

"That man is a liar, I've never met him in my entire life, I don't understand his motive for lying against me, he..."

"I said get the hell out of here!" Jimi yelled with venom dripping from his voice as he glared daggers at Nikki who flinched then she walked out of the room feeling defeated.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"Well play dear, I never knew you were a Desperado," Lisha said  as she clapped and walked into  Nikki's room. Jimi had narrated everything that happened the previous night to her after she'd woken up with a split headache earlier this morning.

Nikki looked away from her mirror, she'd been doing her make-up before Lisha barged into the room.

"Just go get dressed for the wedding, I don't want you giving me bad vibes today," Nikki replied shamelessly and that earned her a scoff from Lisha.

Lisha moved closer to her, "You know sometimes I wonder if you're the devil's incarnate, like are you that heartless? No wonder you came to my room yesterday to drug my water, You even hired a man, ugly and unkempt man for that matter to rape me just because of the lies you spewed to Jimi, did you really want to prove how foolish and psychotic you are?"

"I wonder why the man didn't rape you if not you won't be here spewing balderdash, I wish you were raped, pregnant and depressed just like I planned but I think the Lord is just on your side, escaping this time doesn't mean you'll esca…"

A resounding slap shut her up that instant. Wait, did that slap just warm her face?

Nikki glared at Lisha as she touched her cheeks, "Did you…" another slap on her left cheeks cut her short.

"Are you mad?" Nikki screamed but another slap landed on her face again.

Anger boiled in Nikki as she felt the pain course through her, staring back at the mirror, she noticed Lisha's hand was printed on her face leaving an evidence that she got slapped.

Nikki moved closer to Lisha in a dangerous manner, "You're crazy, can you see my face, I'll kill you today, I'll…" Lisha pushed her out of the way and that sent her butt landing on the floor.

Lisha picked up Nikki's make-up kit from the dressing table and in a blink of an eye, she smashed it on Nikki's leg.

"Did you just destroy my make-up kit? You ruined my dress!" Nikki screamed her lungs out, Lisha smiled before pulling Nikki's hair, and then she proceeded to walk out of the room.

"You'll regret this, Lisha, I promise you, you'll regret it," Nikki roared.

"Whatever, I'm off to the wedding," then she slammed the door.