chapter 21

"What was all that?" Nikki asked while trying to cool her temper as they walked into the house, meeting Gran and Miracle in the living room watching cartoon as usual.

"All what?" Lisha inquired before slumping onto the chair.

"All the pranks you pulled over there," she replied before sitting opposite her sister.

"Gran, good evening," Lisha greeted with a smile in an attempt to ignore Nikki's question.

"Evening and I think you should reply your sister," she replied before downing the vodka that she'd been drinking earlier before they arrived.

Lisha rolled her eyes.

"Lisha, I'm talking to you!" Nikki shouted.

"I'm not deaf, I can hear you but I just don't understand what all this fuss is about."

Nikki scoffed while shaking her head, "You can't understand, but when you disgraced me in front of Jimi, everything was clear to you, right?"

Gran dropped her glass cup that contained the vodka on the table before turning to Nikki, "You mean Lisha disgraced you over there?"

As soon as Nikki opened her mouth to reply, Lisha beat her to it, "Gran, I didn't disgrace her."

"So, she's lying right," she turned to Nikki before continuing, "What happened over there?"

"She barged into the room when  Jimi and I were kissing and do you know the funniest part, she didn't even apologize but rather insulted me."

Lisha's eyes grew wide, but she decided to focus her attention on the TV.

"Lisha, why are you always against your sister?"

"That question should be directed to Nikki," she replied with her eyes still glued to the TV even though Cartoons were her least favourite.

"Can you just imagine? Like the dumb guy eventually asked her out but thank goodness you turned him down, it's a good thing you know your worth."

Lisha hissed scathingly before getting up, she glared at Gran and Nikki and then sauntered to her room while ignoring the unceasing call of Gran behind her.

Immediately she walked into her room, she peeled off her clothes and walked into the bathroom, under the shower, her mind went back to what had happened earlier, the water trailed down her body as different thoughts ran across her mind.

"I did the right thing turning him down," she told herself even though her mind was against it but her brain told her it was right. He doesn't deserve someone like her, she was way too low for him, Nikki was right; thoughts like this rushed through her.

After spending up to an hour in the bathroom, she eventually walked out, changing into her nightwear, her eyes landed on the paintings Jimi made for her, a smile unconsciously appeared on her face but it disappeared as soon as it came. She had to keep those drawings out of her sight if she really needs to stop the feelings growing for him.

Moving closer to the drawings that were placed side by side, her hands trailed them with a sad smile but the moment was cut short by the appearance of Nikki.

"Finally, you're out of the bathroom," she said.

Lisha pursed her lips and then walked to her bed.

"You know we aren't done with our discussion," Nikki continued as she walked behind Lisha who eventually jumped on her bed.

"We weren't discussing anything," Lisha replied before slipping under her duvet.

"We were, why can't you just leave the guy alone, you know I love him but you're just being selfish," Nikki said bitterly.

No response. Everywhere was just as silent as a graveyard, exasperatedly, Nikki pulled off the duvet from Lisha's body.

"What's it?"

"I'm talking to you."

"Oh! Were you?" Lisha turned to her side and that gave her a clearer look of Nikki.

"Just stop all this nonsense Lisha, stop confusing the guy, you don't have to toy with his heart," Nikki continued.

"I don't understand everything you're saying."

"Cut the chase and stop pretending!" Nikki shouted.

"If you know you want to shout, just go to your room instead of disturbing the peace and quiet in my room 'cause I see no reason why we're having this meaningless discussion," Lisha pointed out.

Nikki scoffed while shaking her leg on the bed, "This is a meaningless discussion right? Anyway, I just want you to know he is mine and there's nothing anyone not even you can do about it."

Lisha chuckled, "You keep claiming what is not yours, anyway, I don't have time for your childish banter, when you're done entertaining yourself, the door is always at your service," she closed her eyes and pulled up her duvet in preparation to drift into dreamland.

Nikki groaned before standing up, she glared at her sister's sleeping figure before walking out of the room but not without making a loud bang with the door.

Lisha hissed as she heard the bang, she readjusted her duvet and tried sleeping while trying not to dwell on her troubles.

Morning came quickly, Lisha's eyes opened slowly as she realized it was dawn, she didn't want to get up as she was still enjoying her sleep, remembering it was Boxing Day, she decided to go back to sleep, and she did only to wake up when she felt a tap on her body.

"What's it?" She groaned.

"It's time for you to prepare breakfast," Gran said.

Lisha got up from the bed and rested her back on the wall before responding, "Morning Gran."

"Morning, we are all hungry and you've been sleeping since."

Lisha pouted while trying so hard not to pour out her anger.

"So, you woke me up because of breakfast? Is Nikki sick?" She questioned as calmly as she could.

"Are you praying for her to be sick?"

Lisha chortled, "No, but if it's mainly because of breakfast that you had to disturb my wonderful sleep then I'm sorry that there'll be hunger strike today."

Gran raised her brows, "What do you mean?"

"It was in the news last night that everyone should go on a hunger strike today," Lisha replied.

"Are you okay? What are you saying? Anyway, that doesn't concern me, I don't want bread and you know it's been long since I set foot into that kitchen and Nikki can't cook which makes you the only available person, so, just go and prepare our meal."

Lisha chuckled before laying back on her bed, "Hunger strike it is today, I'm not cooking anything, I need to rest."

"Lisha, stop all this petty joke and get up," Gran instructed while boring holes into her head.

Lisha pulled up her duvet before responding, "I'll cook when I wake up."

"And when is that?"

"When God permits," she pulled up the duvet to her head.

"Lisha don't joke with me, I expect to see you downstairs," Gran said before leaving the room.

Lisha smiled to herself. If they can't cook, then there's no food. She wasn't a maid in her house. No food for a lazy man.

So, it's a double update and the last update for the week.
But, if my school finds their bearing, I'll try to complete this book by the end of the month.

Anyway, what do you think about this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.