chapter 19

They'd just arrived from church, while others stayed downstairs, Lisha went up to her room, after taking a shower, she slumped on her bed before her eyes trailed to the paintings in her room; one Jimi had gifted her, she smiled before she heard her phone ring.

Looking at the screen, a smile shadowed her face before she picked it. Minutes later, Nikki strolled into Lisha's room.

"I'll be there soon," Lisha said before her eyes met with Nikki. She ignored her and continued her talk with Jimi for some minutes before he hung up.

"Where are you going?" Nikki questioned immediately Lisha dropped the call.

Lisha turned to her, "Are you talking to me?"

Nikki nodded as she sat on Lisha's bed.

"You're talking to me, you're no longer angry?" She asked yet again with a smile.

Nikki gave a fake smile, "Yeah," she responded. She was still angry at her sister but wanted so much to know where she was going.

"Yayy," Lisha jumped on her bed for some seconds before settling in front of Nikki who still wore that fake smile.

"So, where are you going?" Nikki pressed.

"I'm going to Jimi's place, Mama invited me for the Christmas party."

"What!" Nikki shouted in astonishment. She tried pondering on why the woman would invite Lisha to the party even after she revealed her secret. What's really going on? Is there something Lisha isn't telling her?

Lisha squinted her eyes.

A smile quickly appeared on Nikki's face, "Um, I mean, so when is the party?"

Lisha smiled, "It's starting soon, I even have to get prepared," she proceeded to stand up but Nikki stopped her.

"It's not by invitation, right?"

Lisha nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"Can we go together?"

Lisha furrowed her brows before responding, "Yeah but it's possible Daniel would be there, will you be …"

Nikki cut in, "I'll be fine."

"But…" Lisha protested.

"Don't worry," she got up quickly and rushed out of Lisha's room before she could even respond.

Lisha shook her head as she tried pondering on what just happened, then she got up and sauntered to her bathroom for a shower, after she got out of the bathroom, she walked over to her closet and her eyes scanned through it until it landed on a short strapless purple gown.

Nikki walked into her sister's room fully dressed in a  short gold body con gown that hugged her voluptuous figure perfectly, she met Lisha dropping her braided hair in front of her mirror, then she walked up to her still with her plastered fake smile.

"You're ready?" Lisha asked as she looked up from the mirror.

"Yeah, can I use your stud earrings?"

"Why not?" Lisha permitted before standing up.

"Thanks."

"Is Miracle going with us?"

Nikki picked up the earrings before replying, "No, Gran would be dropping her at her friend's place."

"Oh, okay then."

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
As soon as they got to Adeboye's mansion, the first person they met was Daniel who was gulping down wine from his champagne flute.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Lisha questioned.

Nikki turned to her, "Why not?"

She headed towards the garden while Lisha followed behind her but before she could walk into the garden, Daniel grabbed her hand.

"Let go of me!" She warned sternly and he obeyed.

"Nikki, please, we really have to talk things out, we…"

She cut in, "I have nothing to talk out with you so, please, if you would excuse me," she hissed scathingly before walking away with Lisha behind her.

On getting to the garden, Soil sighted Lisha and her sister, so, she approached them elegantly dressed in a red flowing gown.

"Good afternoon ma," they both greeted in unison, Soil waved at Nikki before smiling and pulling Lisha away from her sister, and they both ambled towards the main house.

Lisha started, "Mama, I'm really sorry, it…"

Soil placed her index finger on Lisha's mouth in attempt to stop her.

"It's okay, Jimi explained everything to me," she silenced her.

"And you're not angry?"

"Not at all," Soil assured.

A broad smile appeared on Lisha's face, "Thanks."

"I hope your sister didn't give you any stress yesterday?"

"Not at all," she lied smoothly and Soil nodded.

"You know Daniel explained everything that happened to me and I think your sister needs to hear his own side of the story."

Lisha sighed, " Nikki is adamant, she doesn't want to listen to him at all."

Soil nodded, "Well, I think you need to speak to her, it wasn't actually his fault, it'll be best if she listens to him, even if it's just to grant him an audience, it would be better than her just dwelling on what she believes."

Lisha heaved, "It's just that it'll be hard, Nikki doesn't like people butting into her business and she's really bent on not listening to him."

They walked into the living room before Soil replied, "Well, I think you'll have to listen to Daniel so you'll be able to convince your sister, she should be able to listen to you."

Lisha nodded, "Okay, I'll do that."

Her only hope was that Nikki wouldn't turn the tables around, maybe she might just speak to Gran about it, just that Gran might change it into another thing but at least she'll still try her best. Nikki had to stop wallowing in the thoughts she conjured herself, she had to listen to his side if the story too even though she might not do anything about it but she must get her train of thoughts straight.

"I'll just use the bathroom, Jimi is upstairs, in his room, you can check him there," Soil announced with a knowing smile.

"Okay, ma," Lisha nodded as she watched Soil walk into the bathroom, when she was out if sight, she smiled before ascending the stairs while wondering why Jimi was still in his room when he ought to be at the garden.

Just as she barged into his room as always, she met the shock of her life, Lisha's eyes widened as her mouth hung open. What's happening? Could this be true? Different thoughts raged furiously in her head.

Phew
What do you think Lisha saw?
Comment your thoughts and don't forget to click on that orange star.
I'm not sure about the next update but I hope my school will just do quick with the rubbish they're doing.