chapter 16

Time flew like an arrow, Lisha didn't even realize it was time for the welcome party, she'd chatted with Soil for a long time before joining Jimi and Folahanmi at their basketball court, she'd met them playing, so, she sat by Kemi who cheered Jimi on while she cheered Hanmi. At the end of the game, Hanmi had won and Lisha couldn't help but choke him with her bone crushing hug.

Less than an hour later, the welcome party started fully and Lisha went to the guest room to change into her Black maxi evening gown that hugged and outlined her little curves.

Jimi sucked in his breath immediately he sighted Lisha walking into the garden where the welcome party was being held, she looked so glam with her high heels and was more than a ravishing beauty, his eyes stayed glued on her, and he found it hard to look away.

"Should I pour the wine on your face so, that you could at least bat your lashes?" Lisha said while taking a sit beside Jimi opposite Mark and Kemi.

Jimi smiled before replying, "I couldn't take my eyes off you and I must admit, you look gorgeous," he complimented and Lisha couldn't help grinning as she turned to look at him, they both stared into each other's eyes before Mark spoiled the moment.

"You didn't notice me, right?"

"You're foolish," Lisha replied and Mark chuckled, just then Nikki appeared, she was dressed in a red off shoulder flowing gown, one of the ready-to-wear piece that was designed by Lisha, choker necklace, drop earrings, big statement bracelets on an ankle strap heels and dolled up with heavy make-up with her clutch purse held firm to her side, she looked super striking.

"Hi guys," she greeted before pulling out a chair by the right side of Jimi, she turned to him and threw him one of her flirtatious smile, but he wore a nonchalant look before casting Kemi a questioning look wondering why she was there.

"I gave her the invitation card," Kemi spoke up before Nikki waved at a waiter for a glass of wine.

Minutes later, Folahanmi walked to their table with his friend.

"Hi," he greeted with a smile.

Nikki looked up, she smiled while assessing Hanmi before her eyes landed on his friend.

Her eyes widened just like Hanmi's friend also did the same.

"Nikki!" Hanmi's friend called with surprise and happiness laced in his tone.

"Daniel," she replied, Lisha who didn't really pay attention to them turned to look at Nikki and Daniel.

"What are you doing here?" Nikki asked with her face suffused with anger.

"Folahanmi here," he touched Hanmi and continued, "Is my friend, we both arrived together, I really have a lot to say to you."

Nikki scoffed, "Good for you, well, I have nothing to say to you," fury draped in her voice. She stood up but before she could evade or think, he had her hand in his and pulled her out of the party to a corner.

"Let go of me!" Nikki bellowed and he obeyed.

"See, Nikki, you just have to listen to me, I…" before he complete the sentence, a resounding and hot slap landed on his cheeks, she'd always longed to feel her palm on his face and now it was like a dream come true to Nikki. Daniel held his cheeks with his mouth hung open.

"I don't need your stupid explanation, you're nothing but a hoaxer," she spat and hit her purse on his face before storming off.

Nikki soon got back to her seat, and she sat while fuming with anger while others stared at her in silence, Lisha knew better than to talk. Throughout the party, anger seethed in Nikki and Daniel dare not appear in front of her again. All Nikki had planned for had been ruined, all she wanted to display at the party was just short-lived.