chapter 7

Dedicated to celestina31617 my one and only stupid sister.

The door creaked open slowly and Lisha looked up from her dressing chair. Her eyes met with Nikki who smiled faintly and scratched her neck as she walked in. Since she had demeaned Lisha, they hadn't talked, though Nikki had tried talking to her sister the previous day but Lisha had left home early in the day to where God Knows only to be back later in the night.

"Ehn, come and help me with this zip," Lisha started as she stood up and walked over to Nikki whose face was a picture of astonishment, she hadn't expected her to talk to her but rather send her out of her room.

"Do it na," she stamped her foot on the ground and that brought Nikki out of her thoughts.

After zipping the cloth, Lisha walked back to her dressing table while Nikki followed behind.

"Um, Lisha, I didn't mean what I said that day, it was…"

Lisha cut in, "It's okay." A smile crawled up her face and Nikki's face creased into a wide smile.

"So, wait…" she sized her sister up before continuing, "Lisha, don't tell me you're going like this?"

Lisha nodded in return before picking a hair pin.

"God, Lisha, how can you go in a pinafore? Of all clothes in your wardrobe you decided to go with a pinafore," her eyes turned to Lisha's head, "Wait, is that not Miracle's hairpin?"

A smile shadowed Lisha's face before she talked, "Yeah, it is." She then turned to the mirror to check out herself, she was dressed in a white pinafore and blue polka dot check with her hair packed in a bun.

"Lisha, you can't go to your fake in-laws dressed in this, you're not different from a secondary school girl, let's change your cloth," she pleaded with a convincing smile as she took a hold of her hand.

Immediately they took a step to the wardrobe, the door opened and Gran walked in.

"Lisha, that handsome CEO is downstairs, is there something going on?"

Lisha shook her head as she released her hand from Nikki's grip, quickly she picked up her black metallic quilted crossbody bag.

"Lisha, you have to change," Nikki shouted but Lisha turned to her with a smile before running out of the room. While descending the stairs, she sighted Jimi playing with Miracle, they were talking and laughing and that left her wondering what they were discussing till she got down.

They didn't notice her until she cleared her throat. Miracle got down from Jimi's laps and walked back to the chaise lounge before he turned to Lisha.

"Hey," he greeted while taking in her look.

"Hi, are we going or not?"

"We are," he replied as he got to his feet, he opened his mouth to comment on her dressing but Nikki's voice cut him short.

"Hi," she waved at him with a beatific smile, and he smiled in return before she turned to Lisha.

"Let's go," Lisha said quickly knowing Nikki wanted to talk about her cloth, she headed towards the door before Jimi could respond, so he had no other choice than to follow her.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
"Don't tell me you came home with a secondary school student?" Jimi's Mom shouted as she walked into the living room with her eyes being on Jimi and Lisha who were just walking into the house.

"Soil, what do you take me for?" Jimi queried.

Lisha turned to him in surprise, "Is your Mom's name Soil, like loamy soil, clay soil or Sandy soil," she whispered into his ears, and he shook his head before whispering back.