chapter 32

"When will you pop the question?" Lisha queried as the elevator wheezed up.

He turned to her with his brows raised in confusion, "What question?"

"Marriage," she replied succinctly.

He turned to her, "Wow."

Lisha shrugged, "It's been a month after that dinner and this is April, so, the year is running already and you said you would get married this year."

Mark erupted into laughter, "Gosh, Lisha you're something else."

"Answer the question," she scowled at him.

"Okay, how is this your problem?"

She glared at him, he knew better than to not reply her.

"Okay, I plan to pop the question on my birthday."

A huge grin broke Lisha's glare, "Really?"

Mark scrunched his brows, "Why are you so excited about this, you're not the one being proposed to."

She waved her hand, "But wait ooo, your birthday is at the end of this month, that makes Kemi older than you, right?"

He shrugged, "Yeah, with three months."

Lisha chortled, "Good for you, Kemi would be the husband."

He lifted his brows.

"She's older than you, don't worry, I'll lecture her on how to take it easy with you," she patted his shoulders while he shook his head.

"You haven't changed at all."

"Whatever, just ensure you call me for your birthday party, what am I even saying? Don't worry, I'll help you to invite people."

"Says the person who doesn't have any other friend except me," he jested and that earned him a scowl from her.

"I'll surprise you that day," she assured him.

"Don't surprise, it's not my wedding yet, it's just my birthday."

"And engagement party, don't worry about anything, I'll be the wedding planner and your best man."

Mark shook his head, "Don't worry about that, I don't want to stress you, we'll just hire a wedding planner whereas it's not like we'll be getting married the following day."

Lisha scrunched her brows as she cocked her head, "Why won't you get married the following day? You have enough money for that."

Mark sighed, "We can't just get married like that, there'll be need for some necessary preparations."

Lisha blew out her cheeks, "What preparation? I'm certain Soil would be glad to marry her off the following day."

Mark heaved, "I just hope you won't kill me with questions, don't worry, we'll get married by June or July."

"What!" Lisha shouted and that got Mark startled.

"I just pray you won't kill me one day," Mark said.

Lisha blinked her eyes, "That's like two or three months till now."

He shrugged, "And so?"

"But, you…"

He cut in, "God, Lisha, go and ask Jimi questions like that."

She fluttered her eyelashes, "You're indirectly shunning me?"

Mark shook his head, "I wouldn't dare do that."

Lisha moved closer to him while he stepped back, "So, I'll do best man right?"

Mark rubbed his temples, "Are you a man?"

She shook her head.

"Then, you can't be the best man."

Lisha scoffed, "You're joking right?"

"I'm not," he deadpanned.

"Okay oo, Jimi would be the best man right?"

He nodded as he was getting weary if her questions.

"Good but I'll also sew a suit like him even if you don't want me being best man."

"What!"

"You heard me," she said before the elevator door opened,she walked out gracefully but not without giving him a Cheshire grin.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"Dang! My workload is much and I must complete this in the next ten minutes, can you help me brew the coffee?" Anu asked while smiling at Nikki.

"I only came here to say hi," Nikki protested. Even though she knew that wasn't the only reason, she had her ulterior motive, but she had to play smart.

"Please," Anu begged with pleading eyes.

"Okay then, where is the coffee maker?"

Anu pointed at the table opposite her and Nikki nodded before walking over the table. Anu was Jimi's secretary and it wasn't hard for Nikki to befriend her considering the fact that they went to the same University, though they were only course mates who only greeted each other when the need arises but it was a very big advantage to Nikki.

Nikki brewed the coffee before taking a glance at Anu who was deeply engrossed with her work, she smiled triumphantly at herself before dropping the Rohypnol into it. After making sure there was no trace of it, she dropped the cup on the tray before walking back to Anu.

"Here, it is."

"Thanks a lot," Anu smiled at her before carrying the tray, then she went to Jimi's office.

A cheerful smile graced Nikki's lips when Anu came back with the almost empty cup.

"So soon?" She asked.

"Yeah," Anu nodded before dropping the cup on the table and then walking back to her chair.

"Thank you."

"Anytime," Nikki smiled at her before Anu resumed her work.

About twenty minutes later, Anu was done with her work, so, she heaved a sigh of relief before talking, "Finally! I need to go to the toilet, I've been trying so hard not to go because of the work, can you help me watch this place?"

Nikki nodded, "Don't worry, take your time."

Anu quickly got up and headed to the toilet the other way. Immediately, she was out of sight, Nikki smiled before jumping up, she knew better not to knock on Jimi's, so, she strolled in.

A victorious smile appeared on her face as she walked up to him. She squatted beneath him and stared at his cute face that was currently placed on his table, her hand trailed his face before she proceeded to do what she'd come for.

Lisha eyed her phone as she heard a sound from it, she'd been drawing a new design before she heard the beep, picking it up reluctantly and unlocking her phone, her eyes widened at what greeted her.

Lisha rubbed her face again in order to be sure she was seeing right, her pupil grew huge and her hand shook at this. She stared at her phone in a big shock.

Hmm...
What do you think she saw?
Who can guess it right?

Anyway, there is a new contest hosted by Theiconicafricans, it's a 'best title award'. If you have a nice and catchy title, you can enter the award.

See ya.