chapter 12

Guys please, I got nominated in the Nigeria Readers choice awards and I want you to nominate me under the 'best frequently updated writer's🙏🙏Here is the link https://my.w.tt/sYi4RRqDT7. Thanks 💖

"We have to steal her designs."

They all  exchanged looks before dashing her disgusting looks, she looked up from her design book and their disgusting looks disappeared instantly.

"But ma…" the textile designer started, but she was stopped with a deadly look.

"I spied on her designs, and they were extremely cool and catching, see, our designs must be chosen as the best for the ready-to-wear for Christmas, we can't afford to lose that."

"But I don't think this is right," the pattern cutter countered.

"You're not to question my order but do as I say," she fired, and they all swallowed whatever words they had in mind to say.

After the meeting she walked out of the production room and walked back to her office, on her way, she sighted Lisha who winked at her, but she returned it with a smug smile, it wasn't until she saw Lisha enter Kemi's office that she remembered she had to go there too, they had to submit their stuffs to the head of design which was Kemi.

"Here is the copy of the designs," Lisha said as she pointed the design book to Kemi.

"Oh," Kemi collected it from her and the door swung open as Mopelola walked in.

"Hey," Lisha greeted her with an hint of mockery laced in her tone.

"Hey to you too," Mopelola replied before walking up to Kemi who had been smiling at their display.

She eyed Lisha's design book on the table and smiled inwardly before smirking.

"I presume you came with your design book right?" Kemi who had been noticing the way she eyed Lisha's design book.

"Um, no, one of the team members misplaced it, so, I have to start all over again."

Kemi opened her mouth to talk but Lisha beat her to it, "Wow, wow, wow." It sounded like the siren coming from a police car and that made Kemi laugh while Mopelola glared at Lisha.

"How is that possible? Don't forget it's the ready-to-wear designs which will soon be on sale by the beginning of next month," Kemi lectured.

"Why would someone be that careless?" Lisha snickered as she accompanied it with a clap.

"It's none of your concern," Mopelola fired obviously getting ballistic but Lisha was really enjoying it.

"This one that your hoarse voice is trailing off, I just hope you won't end up having vocal cord cancer," Lisha jested and Kemi shook her head.

Mopelola wanted to reply but Kemi hindered her, "Anyway, you have till Friday to submit them."

"Okay, ma," she proceeded to walk out of the room but not without glaring at Lisha who in turn eyed her.

"I'll leave too," Lisha announced immediately Mopelola walked out of the office.

"Okay then," Kemi permitted and immediately Lisha took a step, Mark walked in.

"E eh eh, I think this place is now your office ooo, this one that you're always coming every now and then," she accused with a mocking smile as Kemi got up from her office chair to sit on the couch.

"God, Felicia, you're something else, like this is the first time you're seeing me here ooo," he replied before sitting beside Kemi who in turn smiled at him.