chapter 31

Lisha got out of the grocery store, after dropping the grocery bags in her boot, she looked up at the building she'd parked her car in front of, it was actually beside the grocery store.

Just as she proceeded to open the door of her car, she noticed the movement of someone in the building through the transparent door, a smile lit up her face when she realized it was Jimi. But why was he in a gym?

She decided to go in there, after locking her car, she walked into the gymnasium.

"I should have seen you in singlet and shorts before so, I'd have chosen wisely, you look so horrible," Lisha said in a jocular tone.

Jimi looked away from the punching bag and turned to her, "I know you've been ogling me for minutes and that counters what you just said."

Lisha eyed him, "On the contrary I was wondering how someone could be this ugly."

"Handsome, you mean," he teased while she blew out her cheeks before proceeding to sit on a plastic chair while he joined her.

"Don't sit with me with the sweaty body of yours."

He smiled before talking, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Grocery shopping, you were just so lucky I saw you, what are you doing here too because I don't know you to be a boxer."

He gulped down the water from the water bottle beside him before replying, "Hanmi dragged me here, this is Daniel's workplace."

Lisha nodded, "Oh, so, Daniel works here? As what?"

"He owns this place."

"Okay, so, why were you so keen on that punching bag, I hope you don't have the intention of punching me because I'll just kill you."

Jimi laughed, "You're so funny."

Just then Hanmi and Daniel appeared from nowhere.

"Didn't know you were here?" Hanmi greeted with a warm smile while Daniel only waved at her.

"Well, here I am, I'm even going home," she proceeded to stand up while Jimi held her hand.

"I thought you'll still stay longer," he said when she turned to him with a scowl.

"Just remembered I haven't had breakfast."

"Oh okay, I haven't had breakfast too."

She shrugged, "And so?"

"I'll come with you."

"Meet me outside in the next five minutes or else you aren't going with me," she warned before strutting out of the gym.

Minutes later, Jimi walked out of the gym and immediately Lisha sighted him, she started the car.

"Come in or I'll drop you," she shouted, and he chuckled before entering the car.

"Please, don't play any music, I don't want my ear drums suffering today," he said when she wanted to switch on the radio.

"It's my car you know."

"Please, I'm begging you."

She smirked, "Okay," then he smiled at her only for her to turn on the radio.

"Lisha!"

"What?" She eyed him, and he gave her a pleading eyes before she eventually turned it off.

The ride home wasn't entirely a silent one because Lisha kept on disturbing Jimi till they got there.

"Hey," Jimi greeted as he carried Miracle who grinned at him, she was the only one in living room, Nikki would probably be in her room or somewhere around, Lisha smiled at them before going to the kitchen.

"What are you preparing?" He whispered as his breath fanned the ear on her neck.

She turned to him and looked up at his face, "Fried rice, what are you doing here anyway? It's not like you can be of any help."

"I'm here to help," he replied before leaning closer to her.

"Help by distracting me, right?" She turned away from him and he chuckled.

"If that's what you think, so, what can I help you with?"

"Are you really serious? I know you can't cook anything."

"I'm a great cook, I should cook for you one of these days."

"What of today?" She pouted.

"Not today but I can help today, so, what should I do?" He asked before picking up the apron from the hangar.

A mischievous smile appeared on her face, "Okay, you could be of great help though."

He nodded.

"Good, first help me slice the onions, after that cut the meat, cut the carrot and green pepper, then you…"

He cut in, "Practically, I'll do everything right?"

"Yeah, while I'll just cook."

He nodded, "I can't cut the onions though, I don't want to cry."

Lisha chortled, "I'm the one that wants to cry."

He ignored her and walked over to the shopping bags, "Where is the meat?"

"Over there," she pointed before turning back to the pots she'd been washing, she hummed to a song in an attempt to frustrate him but after realizing he didn't notice her for some minutes she turned back to him.

She realized he concentrated fully on the meat he was cutting, she smiled as she watched him, losing interest in the pots and gaining interest in him.

"You're so obvious," he teased when he was done with the meats and walked up to the sink.

"Obvious that what?" She eyed him.

"I know you were ogling me."

"You wish," she said before turning back to the sink.

"No need denying it, you can resist such a cute face."

"And who is deceiving you? You're not different from a monkey," she joked as he moved closer to her.

"Really?" He leaned closer.

She swallowed her saliva, "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

She rolled her eyes and just as she opened her mouth to talk, he pressed his lips on hers, the words she wanted to say disappeared that instant, her heart stopped for a second before she leaned closer to him, she wrapped her hand round his neck while he carried her up turning round and placing her on the kitchen counter, he kissed her softly at first before withdrawing to peek at her, her eyes flickered open with a warning, then he chuckled before staying in the middle of her legs.

His face bent down into hers and in a split second, his hot lips were on her saccharine sweet lips before moving in sync, he deepened the kiss and a moan escaped from her mouth, just then a high-pitched scream broke them apart.

"What the hell is going on here?" Nikki screamed her lungs out as her eyes almost popped out of its socket.

"You have eyes, so, you know what is going on," Lisha hissed before getting down from the counter.

"You…you…you…" she stuttered and the words refused to form, she glanced at the smirking Jimi and threw Nikki a killer glare before storming out.

"That was intense," Jimi chuckled.

Lisha nodded before her stomach made a rumbling sound, "Gosh! I'm so hungry, and we haven't prepared anything, you caused it," she accused before going back to the sink.

"You caused it," he countered.

She glanced at him, "How?"

"You seduced me," he replied before she threw the onions at him while he caught it quickly.

What do you think about this chapter?
Remember to vote and comment before leaving, see ya