chapter 28

"Come in," Lisha shouted in response to the knock.

The door opened slowly before revealing the entrance of Hanmi, then Daniel.

Lisha raised her head from her MacBook and a smile appeared on her face.

"This one that you're here, I hope you're not here to teach me Luxembourgish because I've thought against it oo," Lisha joked as she stood up.

Hanmi smiled at her before sitting on the sofa alongside Daniel while Lisha pulled one of the visitor's seat to them.

"Not at all, I'm also busy but Daniel insisted on me bringing him to you."

Lisha nodded as she turned to Daniel, "Mr. Daniel, how may help you? We don't know each other right? Have me met before?"

Daniel smiled, "I need to talk to you."

Lisha opened her mouth to talk but Hanmi beat her to it, "I'm off to SOIL restaurant."

"Won't you go with your friend?" Lisha inquired.

"No."

"Oh okay, extend my greetings to Mama."

Hanmi nodded before smiling at his friend then he walked out of the office.

Daniel rubbed his palm as he stared at Lisha who threw daggers at him.

"What do you want to talk about? If it's to justify yourself after getting Nikki pregnant and running off, then you might as well run off now," she said while still glaring at him.

"It's not that."

"Then, what's it?" She eyed him.

"I'm only hear to explain things."

Lisha opened her palms, "What's the difference? Anyway, go on, I'm all ears but you have to be fast with, I've got work to do so, don't try proving storyteller here."

Daniel nodded before clearing his throat, "Nikki and I started dating in our first year, we…"

Lisha cut in, "Is that the explanation? To explain your relationship life with her or what?"

He shook his head, "No, I…"

She cut in, "No, then why are you telling me? I told you to be first with it but you decided to start from the beginning, see, Nikki is around and you're very much aware that she mustn't see you."

Daniel nodded, "Okay, Nikki got pregnant when we were in our second year."

Lisha nodded, "Nikki got pregnant abi you got her pregnant."

He nodded, "Yeah, at that time, after Nikki told me she was expecting a baby, and I was over joyous, so I ran out to get the ring"

Lisha cut him off, "Wait, you wanted to propose to her then?"

He bobbed his head, "Yeah."

"So, you wanted to marry her in 200 level or you wanted her to be a ring bearer for years?"

He stuttered, "Umm yeah."

"Yeah to what? Anyway, continue with the story."

"So, when I ran out the cops appeared in the front of our house."

"Which house?"

"Nikki and I."

Lisha lifted her brows, "So, you guys were already married couples then."

He shook his head, "No, anyway I was arrested then for attempted murder."

Lisha jumped up quickly, "You wanted to kill someone?"