Chapter 10. Landing at the Docks

The Republic Cruiser jumped off of hyperspace. The Republic has finally arrived at the Mandalore system. The ship hover above the planet of Kalevala.

"So why are we in this planet instead of Mandalore anyways?" Ahsoka asked as she walked towards Anakin in the bridge. Anakin, who was observing the planet from the place he's standing at, glanced towards her for a second before answering the question. "Lady Bo-Katan's base is here so we're picking them up." Ahsoka stood beside him and crossed her arms.

From the bridge, the two can see four Mandalorian ships flying away from the desert planet. A transmission from the one of the ships then rang. "This is Lady Bo-Katan, we're requesting for enterance." Anakin looked over to the officer in charge. He nodded at the officer and the officer immediately went to work. "You are allowed to enter," the officer confirmed through the comm.

Anakin nudged Ahsoka gently to catch her attention. He tilted his head towards the door, motioning her to follow him. Ahsoka uncrossed her arms and the two make their way towards the hangar where Obi-Wan is at.

"Master," Ahsoka started, calling him 'Master' even though he technically isn't her Master anymore. "Yeah Snips?" he casually replied. Ahsoka rethink about what she wanted to ask. It was a subject that she knew she have to bring up one day, though she also knew that Anakin dreaded it.

"Anakin," she said, finally with his real name. "What happens after all this ends?" Anakin stopped dead in his tracks and Ahsoka followed suit. In truth, he never wanted Ahsoka to leave. That's the reason why he brought up about Mandalore when she was going to leave for good. Now that if the business on Mandalore is finished, she'll have no other reasons to stay.

"Let's not talk about this now." His face was heartbroken after being reminded about the reality. He continued walking, leaving Ahsoka behind in the hallway. She felt bad, but she needs to follow what her head is telling her to do.

-------------------------------------------------

The ramps of the ships lowered and Bo-Katan and her men walked off their ship. Down below waiting for them is Obi-Wan. His arms are crossed as he observed the group. The Lady of Clan Kryze walked over to him with a masked Mandalorian rebel beside her.

"Master Kenobi," she respectfully acknowledged him. The three bowed to one another. "We have been waiting for you," Obi-Wan said. Bo-Katan eyed her surroundings to see the last minute preparations being made. "So I see."

The Mandalorian rebels unmasked himself to reveal Korkie underneath, now fully trained under his aunt's mentorship. "Master Jedi," Korkie said respectfully, "Is auntie Satine safe in Coruscant?" he asked with a little scared tone. "Of course she is," he simply stated. "I made sure that there are clones protecting her 24/7 in case of an assassination attempt."

Korkie smiled and then he walked away from the other two grown ups to talk to the others. Obi-Wan turned his attention to the woman beside him. "Is he your son?" the Jedi questioned. Bo-Katan shook her head with a smirk. "Oh no, I'm not interested in getting married, let alone have any kids."

The two observed the young man chatting with his colleagues. "I have a brother," she explained without breaking her gaze. "He got married, have a kid, a loving family, a normal life."

Her smile slowly fade away as the story goes on. "One day, he was eating dinner with his wife until they were.." she couldn't finish the sentence as the memory came back to her, how hurt she was when it happened. It was obvious to Obi-Wan what she had meant. Bo-Katan took a deep breath before continuing. "Satine took care of him since then."

Obi-Wan nodded, understanding her story. "Thing is, my brother's death is really what formed our different ideologies," she casually informed him. Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. Bo noticed and gave further explanation. "Satine take it as further prove against violence, but the way I take it, we need to prepare ourselves more to make sure it never happens again."