Chapter 20. Hope, Misery, Duty

A knock came from the door, but Satine only lie down on her sofa, not caring for who it is. She only stared at the aquarium on her room like there was nothing else in the world.

The fishes swam and swam, and the time goes passing by, but Satine never got up from her position. The water enchants her, and she never wants to get out of the world she entered, not wanting to come back to reality.

The knocks would come by at dusk, when she would already be retiring in her room. It could be said that her appearance time has been cut short. Yes she appears in every meeting, yes she still rules her planet, but she never spent time with anybody, not after her short trip to Naboo.

"Satine," Bo sighed as she knocks for what felt like was the millionth time today. No answers came, just like she predicted. Bo stared at the door for a few seconds, hoping that a miracle would happen, but it didn't. Sighing in defeat, she turned around and left.

"Auntie Bo," Korkie suddenly called out of nowhere. Bo glanced at him and stopped walking, letting him to catch up on her. "Did you succeed?" he asked with a concerned tone. Bo only shook her head, which only leads Korkie to be more saddened.

"We must do something," he exclaimed as they started to walk again. "We can't just let her isolate herself from the world like this, it's been 3 weeks!"

Bo-Katan only sighed after hearing her nephew speak his mind. "I wish there was a way," she hopelessly said. Korkie frowned, upset to hear her like that. There was silence for a bit as the aunt and nephew walked aimlessly around the Palace.

"Do you have a clue why she's doing what she did?" Korkie asked all of the sudden. Bo glanced for a quick moment before focusing back to what's in front of her. "I think it's just the stress she's going through, ruling is stressful you know," she lightheartedly answered.

Korkie nodded slightly. Seeing that he believed what she had said, Bo felt a bit guilty for lying to her nephew. She knew why she's been isolating herself, why she cried herself to sleep almost every night, why she looked worn out everyday since her return. Ibac damn jetii, she internally cursed.

"Do you think she'll return back to normal?" he wondered once more. Korkie looked at Bo and she acknowledged him with a smile. "Let's just hope so."

Korkie looked back down with a frown. "I hope you're right auntie, I hope you're right."

The two walked together as the moon shined brightly over them through the glass. The two had hope, but hope was hard to be found in the other side of the Palace.

Satine stared at the moon now. It's pale, just like her. Her body is getting skinnier, not saying that she wasn't before. Circles can be found underneath her eyes if it wasn't for the make up that she applies on every morning.

"I.. I'm sorry to tell you but.. General Kenobi is gone."

The words rang on her ears no matter how much she tried to erase it from her memory. Crying seemed pointless by now to Satine, nothing could change the fact that he's gone. And yet, she still does.

"Why did you need to leave me?" she whispered to the night. "All I want is for you to come back and hug me, tell me everything will be alright, tell me that everything is a nightmare and nothing will stand in our way to become happy. Tell me that no one ever died, that Maul never took over Mandalore, that Ahsoka never fell in that monster's hands, that Padmé never died, that Anakin's fate will be revealed to be alright, that you will be right here with me."

Tears streamed down her face again. She stared at the empty moon.

"All I want is for you to come back."