Chapter 28. Breaking In

Author's note: it's been long since I write what I consider long chapters. Also, there will be a part in the chapter where a character expresses their opinion on a specific gender. Do not take it seriously as I'm not trying to stereotype anyone or spread sexism

Obi-Wan looked at the machine on the ship. He is approaching Mustafar in 2 minutes. His heartbeat went faster as he gulped. The things he will encounter in Mustafar will only deepened his wound. Vader will be there, as well as Satine. All that he needed to do is to save her and get out, but he knew his former apprentice and things won't be so easy.

Time flew fast and before he knows it, it showed that he'll be arriving in 1 minute. Obi-Wan closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and imagined things. Things that might happen if he is successful in rescuing his love...

The word love hit him. He had never expressed them out loud to her, though he knew well deep inside him he knew he was in love with the stubborn Duchess. Back then he was still clinging to the Order, clinging to the rules. He already breaks it when he became attached to her, he doesn't want to break it even more by confessing directly.

But now.. everything has changed. The Jedi is no more and they are no longer forbidden. The thought of marriage came into mind. If he could save her, then perhaps something that she has always wanted will come true, that maybe it was something he wanted as well all this time. Unknowingly, a small smile formed on his lips.

Just then the ship came out of hyperspace and Obi-Wan opened his eyes. The planet of his destination loomed infront of him. The lava that covered its surface made the planet look red from outer space. The look might scare people off but what Obi-Wan feared was not how does the planet look or the nature of it, it is what happened on the planet.

"I love you!"

"Liar!"

"Let her go Anakin, let her go."

"You turn her against me!"

"I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."

"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

"You were the chosen one! It was said that you will destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

"I HATE YOU!"

"You were my brother Anakin. I loved you."

The memories sent shivers down his spine and Obi-Wan quickly covered his face with his hand, exhaling at the same time. The memories of Anakin attacking Padmé, their battle, the way he needed to leave him burning helplessly, it was all taking a toll.

"I can't do this, I can't do this," Obi-Wan muttered to himself, shaking his head. He inhaled and exhaled multiple times, trying to calm himself down. He closed his eyes and sat up from his seat walking back and forth. A single shed of tear came out of his eye.

Obi-Wan finally stopped walking and looked back at the pilot seat. If I go back now, she will die. He gulped before reluctantly walked towards it. He took a deep breath. Cautiously, the former Jedi Master sat back and put his hands on the controls, flying the ship towards the planet.

As he entered the atmosphere, the scenery came into view, a scene he never wanted to go back to. Obi-Wan couldn't help himself and he observed the surroundings. Lava rivers are everywhere and the ground are black, as black as Vader's soul these days. Trying to ignore it, he shook his head and focused himself back into flying.

Trying to find Vader's castle isn't very hard. The tall, dark building sat next to a body of lava. It stood out against the planet, being the sole structure to be at a really tall height.