6. A Heavy Dream

Vance

" Fuwahhh! I'm tired..." I groaned as soon as I fell on the bed. They both savored the sweet dessert as I recalled. Just a few minutes ago Soma looked as if it's the softest cake, He's ever tasted.

" Wow this is delicious! It's so light yet balanced! It's so elegant! " His eccentric voice rings on my head, along with Fumio-san's who clearly enjoyed it by the look on her face, she didn't even talk much.

For a long time I thought that I'll never feel that way when I cook for someone ever again. I've only spent 2 weeks in this world and I'm already felt spent. But, whatever the case.It's been fun.

The ceremony where we told everyone off, this morning when I met Hayama and Ryo. Now I even baked that crazy cake that Fumio and Soma liked so much. It's amusing how fast days go by in this place...and there's never a quiet moment. I've had so much to reflect on already...so instead of sluggishly falling on my bed and sleeping like I'm supposed to, I sat on the chair near the study table and took out a pen.

The first fact I've learned about myself is how incompetent I am, so there's that on the list.

First, I was such a cry baby, But now I've matured.

Second, My father's the 7th seat of the Elite Ten ( Which means more attention )

Third, That random old man's skilled in desserts and french cuisine too.

By listing these facts, I just realized how terrible everything's going to be from now on...But before I can even write anything else, a warm blanket falls on both of my shoulders and everything suddenly felt nice.

-/-

3rd Person

There weren't any blankets, Vance just fell asleep. Isshiki who just dragged Soma wondered why Vance's bed was empty, But when he intruded, a soft whimper can be heard nearby as Vance snores softly, nuzzling to the table looking for warmth. The senior chuckled and brought Vance to his arms and tucked the small Vance on the bed, who hurriedly curled up to his blanket and went on a deeper sleep.

" Too Bad, I wanted to know your skills Vance Cavalier. " Isshiki says, petting Vance's head. " But there's no need to hurry isn't there? "

Vance probably didn't hear that.

-/-

Vance

" Vance! At such a young age you have such incredible talent and drive! Are you planning to join more cooking competitions soon? You are very popular among the masses! Because of your looks and talents, you've been really popular with the ladies as well! Do you have any plans towards romance too? " The reporters always flooded me with questions before I can even get through the door after winning a competition.

I would always laugh and answer them with an open mind, because for some reason even if it was fake. Some of their praises did get through my head. Arrogant, Cold-blooded, stubborn. Those are the words I would call my former self. I was cunning.

For what?

Fame? Attention?

I'm not one to self pity, but since I'm not the 34 year old Vance anymore...I think I can finally look back at that life...why did I end up in such a pitiful state.

18 years ago, I was a teenager too, I grew up in a very stable neighborhood, with calm green grass that stretched across the land that my father owned, just outside the Mansion I used to cherish everyday.