14. Oh. The Implications.

3rd Person

Vance stood back far away from the two and let them cook so Serina wouldn't lose in a technicality even though he did want her to lose. He didn't know who Caleb was but he had a feeling he's 10 times better than her.

" So what's this fight about? "

He turned to Madame-sensei's who has been just staring silently as the world crash and burn between the tension the twins were having while battling.

Madame took a deep breath and smiled. " It's not my place to tell you the whole story Vance, but I can tell you that I love this two as students in all fairness. They were quite close back then but things changed. "

Vance already kind of knew what's it about.

Something edgy about teenagers having a rip in their relationship as siblings and stuff happens.

Sounds familiar?

Thankfully. The two finished up cooking before he found out more ways to kill his lovely brother IN THIS world in his head.

-/-

3rd Person

" Miss Serina Hummings is presenting an elevated version of Banana Split Cake whilst Sir Caleb Hummings is presenting an elevated version of Chocolate and Cassava Pie."

The announcer says and Serina, as expected was the first one to show her dish. It's completely what Vance expected, layers of crust, filling, bananas, and strawberry syrup, and a curly cream topping it off. But somehow something was different, there's a something between the layers, something small and thin...

Cheese?

Three plates were handed to the judges and one of the judges eyes' immediately shone in complete astonishment even without taking a bite.

" You're truly amazing miss Serina. You deserve everything the boss gives you, I know you'd do well in this one too! " He cheered happily which earns him a soft smile from Serina.

" It's my responsibility to prove myself as heir. I'm nothing but thankful to you too. "

' Yada yada pleasantries pleasantries bs-' Vance was already tuning them out on his head before he saw what expression Caleb's having.

Like before he's certainly angry. But...now he feels weird. This guy's not the favored guy here and it's easy to see that he's being disregarded.

He's probably used to it.

Vance felt uncomfortable with this. He's talking to him later.

They ate and they smiled.

" This is delicious Miss! There's a balance of sweetness and the cheese you added wasn't that overwhelming to change the whole palette. It changed the heavy sweet flavor of the whole thing into a balanced one! You're a genius! "

" What he said is right and you even solidified the cream into a perfect texture and it's perfect! "

" The combinations here also really reminded me of the real thing, it made me picture the thing whilst eating it! There's nothing more to be said now! "

' We'll let you win by making you look so good and cover up the fact that we paid you. '

Vance can almost read them like an open magazine. Or it's like watching a painfully cliche film. But somehow it's making something tug inside his chest.

Because of Caleb's face and emotion.

He's silent, watching over with a calm face but Vance could tell he's steaming in anger, but for some reason, he doesn't look like the loser at all.