Chapter 4

The bell rings and it is finally time to go meet the girls. I put my stuff in my bag and get out of the class. I step outside the school doors and look for Cooper or Isobel. I spot Isobel talking to some girls and head towards her.

- "Hey! Where's Cooper?"

- "She's already there, she texted me earlier, said she wasn't in the mood for history."

- "Yeah that sounds like Cooper, let's go"

Leslie's is a little vintage café on our way home from school. It's where Sarah, Cooper and I met Isobel. We used to go to the same school but we became friends when we arrived one day and saw a girl who spilled her milkshake all over her school stuff, she looked nice and smart so we helped clean up her things. We talked, and let's just say that we bonded really quickly, like we were meant to be friends.

We get in and find Cooper seated at our usual table. A table for four, even if we're 3 now. We sit each one on a side and order our regular: A Mocha for me, a Chocolate Banana Milkshake for Isobel and a Cherry Vanilla Iced Tea for Cooper.

- "So, something really weird happened today at the library, and it involves a guy!"

- "Tyler?"

- "Ew no! Seriously Cooper?"

- "We just think that you two would make a super hot couple, tell her Isobel."

- "It's true Sky, you both look so complicated." She rolls her eyes.

My mouth was hanging open. The girls kept staring at me, waiting for an answer but I had nothing to say.

A waiter finally interrupts the staring to give us our drinks, When he turns around Cooper says:

- "He's cute"

- "Kind of" Isobel replies.

- "Hello! I was telling you what happened to me with a guy that is so not Tyler Hanson and will never be!" I wave my hands around dramatically.

- "Yes sorry Sky, continue." Isobel tells me

- "Thanks. So, as I was saying, I went to the library to get a book for my English class when I bump into this guy, Jordan, oh my God girls you should've seen him, he's gorgeous, he commented on my t-shirt and started asking me questions like what was my name but I jus-"

- "Stop! Describe the guy first." Cooper cuts me off.

- "He had dark blond hair and brown eyes, his hair looked perfect I really wanted to touch it, he was tall and hot! I'm telling you."

- "I can't believe it! You bumped into Jordan Scott! Isobel is always right, it's your year!"

- "Who's this Jordan Scott?" Isobel asks.

Cooper takes her phone and starts explaining.

- "He's in the football team, he's like, more popular than the captain! He's one year older than us and he's single!" She turns her phone in our direction and shows us his Instagram page. He really is gorgeous.

- "What happened next?" She asks me.

- "He started asking about my name, my favourite song and what book I was looking for but I totally panicked! I couldn't even speak and my cheeks turned all red! I didn't even know him and I was so intimidated, so I just went away and he said: see you Skyla."

- "Oh my God! You're so lucky!" She screams.

- "It was nothing, like you said, he's popular, I'm sure he does that every day with all the girls."

- "Dude, you have to stop thinking like that! You're a special girl, no boy can ever treat you like all the girls." Isobel tell me.

-"You were excited a second ago, and now we tell you he's popular, and you're bummed?" Cooper adds.