Chapter 11

- "Turn here."

I'm sitting on the passenger seat of Tyler's black Range Rover. He turns where I showed him and arrives in front of my house.

- "Right here." I say and he stops the car.

We stay silent for a few seconds then I say:

- "Thank you, Tyler"

- "For what exactly?" He looks at me.

- "Everything, uh, in that alley and the ride home and for uh, your t-shirt, uh, I don't know why I cried, I just, well, I'm sorry." I try to explain without looking at him.

- "Okay." He answers.

- "Yeah, so, uh, I'll just, yeah." I say as I open the door and head to my front door when I remember that I'm wearing Tyler's sweater. I turn around to give it back to him but he's already gone.

I get in the house and don't even close the door when my mom comes running to me.

- "Skyla! I was so worried! You said a little walk! It's been almost two hours." Wow that much! I didn't realize. Everything happened so quickly.

- "I'm sorry mom, I just bumped into a friend and we stopped for a coffee and I lost track of time." I say as I close the door.

- "You should've called! Who's sweater is that?"

- "My friend's, I was cold so he gave it to me."

- "A friend or a boyfriend?"

- "What? No he's not my boyfriend!"

- "I hope so, and if he is, you don't have to hide him. You're 16, I'm okay with you dating boys, I'd just like to meet them."

- "Mom, I don't have a boyfriend. I promise."

- "Okay."

- "I'm tired, I'm just going to go to sleep. Night."

- "I love you, sweetie." Mom says as she hugs me.

- "I love you too mom."

I kiss her on the cheek then go up to my room. I take off Tyler's sweater and his smell invades all my senses, and it's a wonderful smell. I put it on my chair then finish undressing. I get under the hot water and try to wash away this night away from me. Well, not all of it. Tonight was the first time that Tyler was kind to me. He was really kind. I almost didn't recognize him. He saved me. I don't know what would've happened to me if he hadn't come back, and I really don't want to think about it.

I finish my shower and put on a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt then I go to bed with wet hair.

**************

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping. 7:30am. I stretch my arms and leave my bed. I wash my face and put on a black grey plaid skirt with a black tucked in shirt. I wear my black knee socks and my garnet doc martens. I forgot to charge my phone yesterday but it still has 30% of battery. I throw it in my bag with some books then fix my hair quickly. I look at Tyler's sweater. I'm not sure if I should give it to him at school or, I don't know. I'll figure it out with the girls.