13~ Awake

"... another terrorist attack. A bomb exploded at the top level of a business building, killing at least eight people and injuring countless others."

The harsh crackle of the TV greeted me as I slowly swam to the waking world. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a burning building.

The screen displayed a large enterprise building with plumes of smoke and flames pouring out. Wide awake now I stared in shock at the monstrous sight.

Mercifully, right then the screen changed back to a news report who looked as grave as I felt. "Officials are still investigating this incident. However, evidence points that once again, an Outworlder is to be held responsible."

My stomach dropped. What was happening? Why were all these explosions and incidents suddenly occurring? It had hardly been a week since the aircraft crash, not to mention both disasters were holding Outworlders responsible.

On the topic of Outworlders.

Realization struck me like a brick to the chest, slamming me into reality.

I was half sprawled on top of no other than my assigned Outworlder. Jimin lay still underneath me, eyes closed, mouth parted slightly. Our legs were tangled together and the couch pressed against my back while my torso was flushed against his spine.

My blood immediately warmed at the awkward position. I didn't even remember falling asleep. I just remembered carefully tracing the Marks, the frosty lines that laced up and down his arm. The silvery light had been the last thing I remembered before I must've passed out.

Crap crap crap. I tried to slowly sit up, hoping to manage to detangle myself from him without waking him up. I braced my hands on either side of his hips to try and carefully lift myself off him.

"Careful partner," Jimin murmured, voice slightly raspy. "You're dangerously close to touching something very important of mine down there."

I froze and gaped. The silver alien beneath me slid one eye open to gaze up at me, a hint of his signature mischievous grin playing on his lips.

"Were you awake this entire time?" I blurted out.

"Since the news started up with the story of the building explosion, yes."

My jaw fell open. That meant he'd been awake before I'd awoken.

"Why didn't you tell me to get off?"

His eyes sparkled. "I like how your body feels against mine."

Yup. He was awake alright.

I heaved myself off him with no further qualms of gentleness lest he was sleeping. Unfortunately, I forgot how close my hands had been to his hips.

"Holy—" He gasped and jerked when my hand accidentally slid against the important thing he'd forewarned me about.

Fate just seemed intent on entangling myself with this guy in the most awkward ways possible didn't it?

I scrambled to my feet. Jimin sat up.

All things aside, he looked cute in the morning sunlight streaming in through the windows. His silver hair was mussed and tangled and his cheeks puffy from just waking up.

He looked like a fluffy chipmunk.

Unfortunately the two clenched fists pressed protectively against his crotch and dark glint in his eyes was anything but a fluffy chipmunk.

"I didn't mean to!" I protested under his predatory gaze.

Jimin's eyes slid past me and immediately turned grave at whatever was now on the TV screen. Partially relieved and partially befuddled by his quick attitude change I turned around back to the news.