27~ Train Me

Jimin had gone out after a few hours to meet with his father, General Konu. He'd told me he'd be back and to not stay up for him. But I couldn't help it.

I had taken a shower when he left, cleansing my body from the filth it had taken up both physically and verbally.

The worst injury I'd sustained was a short but deep gash along my hairline. I didn't even know where I might've gotten the injury but with my body recovering from shock I was finally beginning to feel the pain.

Finally I'd changed into clean pajamas and crawled into bed. And waited.

Even if I wanted to, my body was still too wired to fall asleep. I hugged my pillow and stared into the darkness.

The sirens outside had died down mercifully, though there was still plenty of rumbling in the skies from air traffic.

I almost missed the click of the hotel room door opening. I immediately tensed when I heard shuffling in the other room. A few moments later a weary looking Jimin entered the bedroom.

I sat up, not even pretending to have been asleep.

He glanced at me, unsurprised. "You're still awake."

"I..." My voice died and I wound up fidgeting with a corner of the bedsheet around me. I didn't know what to say anymore.

"Lay back down okay?" Jimin murmured. "I'm here now. I'm going to shower and then I'll be back."

I nodded and curled up in the mattress, watching him in the dim lighting as he grabbed some clothes and walked back out.

I resumed staring blankly up at the ceiling, trying to find some way to calm down. Had it really been this morning when I'd been peacefully half asleep making a dopey fool of myself?

It seemed so long ago.

Finally I heard the bathroom door slide open and Jimin was walking back in. His hair was still damp and dark and he wore loose gray pajama pants and a sleeveless bro tank. His silver Marks had a muted glow about them as if they too were exhausted beyond measure.

He finally clambered into the bed and immediately rolled up against me. I silently soaked in his touch and curled my arms around him. I could feel that his already hard muscles were tenser than usual.

"You want to talk about it?" I murmured.

Jimin didn't answer for a few moments before he exhaled heavily. The tensed muscles loosened a little under my arm. "Father wants me to become a trainer again to the recruits at the Northern Militant Camp."

"Is it... is it that bad to train the recruits for you?"

Jimin grunted an affirmative but didn't elaborate.

I knew Jimin detested training and military camps with a dark passion. He had history with both and it had to be hard on him to have to return to it all.

"Did we figure out who attacked the Infinity Council?" I asked.

Jimin hesitated. "The Pure Reformists."

I closed my eyes, focusing on keeping my breaths steady. I couldn't help but wonder if my parents had already joined that radical and violent group.

"Were they trying to accomplish something specific?"

"They attacked the leaders of the New Order, Jiyeon," he said quietly. "What they were trying to accomplish, and succeeded in accomplishing might I add, is starting a war."

My blood iced and I lifted my head, eyes wide. "Are you serious?"

"I may joke around about bananas and melons, but I'd never joke about this, partner."