48~ A World Away

[Warning: Some Slightly Suggestive Content Ahead]
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Oh my god..." My round eyes snapped back up to Jimin.

He was absolutely destroying his hands. Who knew how long he'd been in this dark room, taking out his anger on the punching bag. Blood streaked the leather surface. His Outworlder healing factors struggled to close up the wounds along his knuckles before he slammed them back again into the bag, reopening the wounds.

"Jimin stop."

He didn't even slow down. I could see the way his eyes were glazed and unseeing even in the dim lighting of the room. Part of me wondered if he was even hearing me. If he even realized what was happening.

It was as if he was in an entirely different world. A world locked with grief and pain.

"Jimin." I hesitated before inching even closer to him. I reached out and carefully brushed his upper arm, only to leap back with a yelp as he abruptly lashed back. His arm flinging out momentarily to strike away the touch.

I retreated back to a safe distance, breathing hard. So this was what Namjoon had meant that Jimin wasn't in a good mindset. This was why Namjoon had warned me to be careful.

I pursed my lips, a little trickle of resentment at the boys flowing through me. Yes, I understood why it seemed an impossible task to try and help Jimin. But he was destroying himself with our realizing it. And the boys had just left him alone to do it.

I suppose I couldn't really blame them; but honestly, wouldn't three boys with deep connections to each other somehow manage to reach out and find Jimin in whatever dark place he'd locked himself into?

I took a deep breath and went back towards the door, shutting it all the way and sliding the small lock into place. Things might get ugly in here real fast and I didn't want anyone else on the outside to get involved.

Now that the little light from the hallway had been extinguished I walked back to the boy with luminous Marks. I stopped a couple feet away from him. Calling his name wasn't going to do any good. He wasn't even here at this point.

I needed to get him away from the punching bag. Get him to break himself free from the destructive mantra-like actions he'd fallen into.

Taking a deep breath, summoning my strength and courage, I approached him until I was right beside him again.

And then I hooked his legs out from underneath him and slammed him to the ground.

His hands were on me in an instant, flipping me and pinning me with expert skill against the floor, hands at my throat.

He wasn't choking me, but he was putting a dangerous amount of pressure that it was painful to inhale. All the same I gently grasped his wrists, running a thumb on the inside. Trying to reach him. Trying to coax him back out from the place he'd hidden deep within his mind.

"Jimin," I whispered hoarsely, my voice rough from his hand pressing down. "Jimin, it's me. Come back to me."

A shudder ran through him.

I could just make out those eyes from the luminescent glow across his cheek. They were wild and unseeing. I continued to stroke the inside of his wrist. He needed to come back. I needed him to come back.

"Jimin..." I whispered.

Another shudder violently shook his body and he slowly blinked. Once. Twice.

His hands fell away. "I'm sorry..." He reeled back, a broken sob escaping him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't know... I didn't—"

I immediately sat up and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Shh, it's alright. You didn't know what you were doing." I pulled him against me, holding him tightly.