34~ Pinned Down

"Well, I'll leave you two at it then." Yoongi snatched his jacket that had been tossed carelessly in the corner.

I was too tired and out of breath to do anything but give a small nod, eyes still locked on Jimin in the door.

He stepped to the side to allow Yoongi to pass. "How'd she do so far?" He inquired to the orange Marked Outworlder, not breaking our gaze.

A staring contest it was then.

Yoongi threw a final look over his shoulder at me. "She's got a long ways to go," he said candidly. "But she also has a lot of determination and potential. I think with a solid, specialized training plan and the right trainer, she'll be holding her own in no time."

"Are you willing to be that trainer?" Jimin broke our staring contest.

Yoongi nodded slowly. "I'm wiling. I'd give you a more detailed report of my observations today but I can tell you're itching to continue on with the training, so I'll just message you later." A keen smirk curled across his lips. "Have fun you two."

And then he was gone before I could even inhale to say thank you.

He clearly knew what was going on and I didn't miss the tease in his voice.

Jimin moved and my heart skipped a beat when he kicked the door shut behind him, trapping the two of us in the room, alone.

"How was first day of training?"

I debated whether to give a snarky reply but wound up shrugging, though even that gesture made me wince a little. "Yoongi's brutal. But... I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be."

Jimin nodded. "Yoongi is well-respected among everyone. Though he's a terror to the trainees, he's very just. Unlike a lot of trainers, Yoongi doesn't judge success by whether you accomplish his tasks or not. He judges by how much effort you put in."

I could definitely see why he'd strike fear into the hearts of everyone. Though he never raised his voice or got angry, there was something about his placid demeanor that instantly made you wary and alert.

However, he was honest and never put you down. There was a delicate line between constructive criticism and plain out degrading that many people continually crossed easily. However he knew that line, and knew how to not even come close to crossing it.

"So. I guess it's my turn now."

My gut tightened as the familiar sultry grin curled across those plush lips of his. He slowly began to prowl towards me, eyes raking down my figure.

I probably looked like a mess. Sweat clung to me disgustingly and I felt bedraggled, to put it in the nicest way possible.

Jimin was damp in sweat as well. But of course, it just made him look all the more enticing. It didn't help that his hair was pushed back from his forehead with a bandana and his bare torso fully displayed the layers of well-toned muscle. His Marks curled across his pectorals and spiraled across his ribs before spreading out across his abdominals, crisscrossing and interlacing each other.

"You planned this didn't you?" I tried and failed to glare at him. Glaring meant I had to drive my eyes into his. And right now my eyes were having trouble focusing long enough on his eyes before sliding down.

It made things worse that I knew he knew the effect he was having on me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jimin blinked innocently at me. He was only a few feet away from me.

I slid into a defensive stance Yoongi had briefly taught me— feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, arms lifted and head scrunched a little to protect my neck.