Way worse

Dalton's pov

I woke up not to the sound of the alarm clock but to my phone ringing continuously for the past minute. Groaning loudly, I sat up on the bed to get the call but before I could reach it, the call ended. I checked the caller ID to find out my brother had called me at least five times since last night. Not wanting to answer the phone and be faced with questions about my absence or whatever the fuck he'd bombard me with I decided to meet him directly at our place as soon as I leave Ariana's house.

I let out a huge sigh, sitting on my bed, not wanting to get up and face neither Mikey nor Ariana. These past few days I've been the happiest I've ever been but I didn't know just one night could ruin everything.

Falling asleep last night was impossible due to the amount of thoughts and questions that was scurrying through my mind but I managed to force myself to sleep anyways.

I looked up at the ceiling as I wished I could get at least one explanation as to why all this is happening with me.

After a while of just sitting on the bed and letting my mind wonder off to places I decided to leave the house immediately.

I walked downstairs after brushing my teeth and getting ready and was greeted by Mikey struggling with a tray of breakfast.

" Um need some help? ", I asked half heartedly as I didn't want to spend any more seconds here.

He looked a little unsure at first but nodded anyways. I took hold of the soup bowl from his hands as he used his both hands to carry a plate of bread sticks and fruits.

I kicked the door to Ariana's room as we both entered with hands full of breakfast. Ari was still cozily tucked in the bed but was sitting up leaning against the pillows with her eyes closed.

She still seemed really sick but more than anything I hoped it wouldn't get awkward between us now that she's sober.

" Baby I brought you breakfast.", Mikey said shaking her slightly.

She groaned and shook her head being stubborn.

" Ari you have to eat. You haven't had dinner last night and on top of that your medicines won't work if there's no food in your system. You'll feel weak beautiful. ", Mikey argued sweetly as I stood there awkwardly looking at the two interact.

After a lot of bickering she finally gave in and decided to have her breakfast. When I realized there was no use of me standing there like an idiot I decided to leave but a voice made me stop.

" Hey dalton.. I'm sorry for last night. I was a mess and I made you worry. Hope I didn't bother you too much. ", she said with no eye contact.

With this I was sure she remembered everything that happened between us. I kinda wished she did but at the same time didn't as well.

I just gave a faint smile and nodded.

" No problem. Feel better soon. "

I hoped maybe , somehow, for some weird reason she would tell me to stop and stay but that hope was shattered when all I got in response was silence.

At that moment, turning away, I promised myself I would never look back ever again ,  that I'd walk out of her life even though it hurts but one call changed that.

I was almost out the door to Ariana's room when my phone rang making me groan. Without checking the caller ID I picked up the phone and held it to my ears.

" Hello.. Dalton? Where are you bro? ", my brother's voice rang through the phone as I rolled my eyes at his loudness.

" Dude.. I was just about to come home and why are you so worried even? I'm not a kid and... ", he cut me off before I could continue.