Make or break me

Dalton's pov

Today morning I had expected to wake up to a naked Ariana wrapped in my arms but all I saw when my eyes opened was her pacing back and forth in our room in her underwear with a phone stuck to her ears. She looked extremely tensed and anxious... I wonder what happened.

I sat up slowly and slipped on my sweatpants getting out of bed.

" Do you really think that's a good idea? ", she spoke massaging her temples.

" But... "

" Alright I'll let you know. Bye. "

With that she ended the call and plopped on the bed with her hands over her face.

" Ariana... What's wrong baby? ", I asked kneeling down in front of her which made her remove her hands and look at me.

I noticed how she had tears in her eyes and frowned.

" Hey.. You crying? ", I asked wiping the tear under her eyes as she sniffed.

" Someone got pictures of us from yesterday and now it's all over the internet. ", she cried.

" Ok but that's not even a big deal. ", I said confused as to why she's so upset about it.

" Dalton they think we're dating! ", she exclaimed.

"What? Why would they think that? And even if they do you can just confirm that we're friends. ", I shrugged as she shook her head vigorously.

" No no you don't understand... They got a picture of us.. Um... Kissing. ", she said looking down.

My eyes widened at that.

" Wait... Oh my god. ", I gasped , finally realising what had just happened.

" I can't even tell them the truth that we're not dating because then people will slut shame me so the only option that I have is pretend to date you. Scooter thinks that it'll be a good idea to let the rumours go around for some time for publicity instead of me just confirming it. I don't really have any other option so I was about to say yes but then I thought that I should ask you for your opinion as well cuz this involves you too. ", she said as I stayed silent trying to think of the right words to say.

It kinda hurt me to know that she may not like me in that way while I'm madly in love with her but I decided to just be silent over that topic.

" Look Ariana.. Whatever decision we take is gonna affect you in every way more than me as you're in the public eye so I think you should do what you think is best for you. What scooter thinks is a good idea but only on the business side but it's all up to you whether you think you're comfortable doing what he says or not. ", I say slow and controlled as I didn't want anything I say to overwhelm her.

She takes in my words and nods slowly.

" But make sure you have your social media on private because my fans are gonna stalk you down otherwise. Also tell you family to do the same. I don't want their privacy to be invaded because of me. ", she said but still had that uneasy tension in her.

I sighed taking her hands in mine making her look up at me.

" Everything will be alright. I'm here ok. I'm gonna protect you. ", I said kissing her knuckles as she gave me a sweet smile.

" I know. "

_*_*_*_

" Do you think that noise we heard behind the rocks was the person who took the pictures? ", Ariana asked suddenly as I stopped with what I was doing and thought about it.