20

A/N: A quick warning, this chapter does include sensitive material if you catch my drift. Viewer discretion is advised lol. I did place a break between paragraphs for those who don't want to read, or are uncomfortable with that sort of material. It basically goes from the break between paragraphs down to the end of the chapter. Other than that, I hope y'all enjoy!

            Alfie was hunched over his desk as I approached his office. He didn't look up from his papers when the door opened, and I grew impatient, slamming it behind me. He jumped, looking up, his hand on his desk drawer. His eyes softened, his expression turning from alarmed and ready to defend, to soft and caring when he realized it was me. "Fuckin' 'ell angel. What are ya doin' 'ere love?" he asked softly. "We beat Sabini at Epsom. Your boys will all be allowed back on the tracks. And the Peaky Blinders will control Birmingham and London, with you alongside them," I half smiled, stepping closer to his desk. "What 'appened there?" he asked, getting to his feet and shuffling around his desk. He placed a hand on mine, lifting it to inspect my wrist. "Tommy needed me to distract someone. Isolate him. He got rough," I said softly. "He didn't...touch you did he?" Alfie asked sternly, his eyes growing dark. I knew he'd be ready to kill both Tommy and the man if I answered yes. "No. I pulled a gun on him in time, and Tommy and I took care of the rest," I replied, and Alfie sighed in relief. "My brothers think they're kings now," I chuckled as he sat down on the edge of his desk, pulling me to stand between his legs as he placed his hands on my hips. "Well, that'd make you a queen then, wouldn't it, angel," he said, a cheeky smirk stretched across his face.

            "I suppose it does," I chuckled, placing a hand on his jaw and bringing his lips to mine. We broke apart a moment later, gazing into each other's eyes. "We should celebrate your big win today," he said. "I suppose I could go out for a few drinks, now that my brothers control the London clubs," I laughed. "Well now, let's get ya back to mine then. I've got a surprise hangin' in the closet. Thought I'd save it for a special occasion, and tonight seems special enough," he grinned, pulling a coat over his white dress shirt. The bakery was empty, as all Alfie's men were out and about, including Ollie. Alfie laced our fingers together as we left, and I smiled up at him. "I thought we were pretending there was nothing to know about," I smiled. "Angel, your brothers will all be out fuckin' drinkin' and celebratin' themselves. No chance of them bein' around," Alfie confirmed, and I nodded. We walked at a leisurely pace, comfortable with the silence as we reached his house. "Hello Cyril," I chuckled as the dog jumped up, greeting me with slobbery kisses. "You can go upstairs and change, I'll be waitin' down here for ya, angel," Alfie said, and I nodded, ascending the stairs and entering the guest bedroom he'd made up for me last time. "Oh Alfie," I gasped as I found the dress in the closet. It was a glittering silver dress, with a sweetheart neckline, an a-line frame, and sleeves that would start just at the top of my arm, leaving my shoulders bare.

            I slipped into the dress, the material silky against my skin. I mentally thanked myself for deciding to shave last night as I stepped into a pair of low heels Alfie had left in the closet underneath the dress as well. They were a satin grey, barely peeking out from under the skirt of the dress. I strode across the room to check my appearance in the mirror, twirling the skirts of the gown and watching the gems shimmer and shine as they caught the light. I turned from the room and gathered the skirts in my hand as I descended back down the stairs. "Fuckin' 'ell, angel, that was made for ya, that was," Alfie breathed as he watched, and a blush crept its way up my cheeks. "Never, ever fuckin' take that off," he whispered as I reached him. "You really mean that?" I said, a cheeky grin on my face. "Alright, I take it back. It'd be more than fuckin' okay if ya did take it off. But you are absolutely fuckin' breathtakin'. Shinin' like a fuckin' diamond, you are," he mumbled, gently running a hand over my cheek. "Now, then, let's go celebrate, yeah?" he said, and I nodded. A car pulled up to the house as we opened the door and stepped out. "Eden Club," Alfie ordered, and his driver nodded, driving us there swiftly. Alfie got out first, opening the door for me, and holding out a hand to help me down from the car. He kissed my cheek, his facial hair scratching at my skin as I smiled softly. He gestured for me to walk forward, laying a large hand on the small of my back.