Chapter 05

Twenty years ago, Xu Chang An's father in one stroke passed brilliantly and later retained a post in the capital. After ten years, his government official moved to be a petty official under Minister of Ministry of Ceremonies, then afterwards no other improvement. Now, a large number of family member still lived inside the house that was bought at the time when Xu Chang An's mother got married.

Knowing that today was the day of the bride first visit to the parental home with the husband, even if Xu's large family members were unwilling, they still waited at the entrance early in the morning. Looked and repeatedly looked, still did not see the expected people came over, also not dared to leave from there. With great difficulty, they caught a sight of Wang Residence's horse carriage arrived. Each and everyone of them did not know whether to feel glad or not.

"Chen, Xu Yongnian and my whole family paying respect to His Highness Xián Wáng, paying respect to Xián Wang Fei." Xu's large family members did obeisance without hesitation but they were not that willing to. They were the subjects, paying respect to the Xián Wáng monarch was a matter of course. But today it was the Xián Wáng who brought Xu Family's son for 'the first visit of bride to her parental home'. In the ordinary course of event, even if their greetings were only for appearance, the Xiàn Wáng should have a moment ago in any way exempt them from really kneeling down.

"Xu Dàrén¹ please rise up." Xián Wáng, Xiao Qing Yan did not stopped and exempted everyone's courteous rituals, on the contrary he looked as if he was in deep interest glancing at the people kneeling down and only let them rose up.

¹Address to an elder man; Your Excellency; adult

In fact, it was not surprising for Xiao Qing Yan to be curious about this very small fourth rank petty official's home. Only wife and children but unexpectedly had dozens of people. This Xu Yongnian however was not a local, had no foundation inside the capital and also could not benefit in the imperial court assembly. His small official salary probably would not even support to raise this large number of family members.

Xian Wang 'not at all easy' called to rise, and even if Xu Yongnian was dissatisfied in his heart, he could only stack his face with a smiling expression. He took advantage of Xiao Qing Yan walking ahead and ferociously glared straight at the 'kept silent' son. Who would have thought that, that unfilial son unexpectedly bluntly returned with: "Father, every word and deed need to take cautious. This is what you said to this child. How could you forget it?"

Xu Yongnian at first was stupefied, then startled and scared, immediately looked at Xiao Qing Yan with a guilty conscience but later found out that Xiao Qing Yan had no any reaction. Only anger from his heart rose up. He wondered which day he must seek an excuse to make this little bastard came back to properly teach him a lesson at once.

This behaviour just now was not what Xiao Qing Yan wished-for, only for the sake of blocking up the mouth of observant and conscientious people, he had no choice but to go through the motion. Once entering Xu Residence and gave the things they brought, Xiao Qing Yan simply wanted to leave. Only passed a brief of 'one small cup of tea' period of time, both people used an excuse of being occupied and left.

Xiao Qing Yan from the start of entering the door had not regarded Xu Yongnian as his father-in-law. Xu Yongnian naturally did not dare to put on airs. They wanted to leave, and Xu Family's large family members naturally followed the people and hastily went to escort out. After waiting until the Wang's horse carriage was finally invisible, Xu Yongnian suddenly got rid of the scholarly appearance. He spitted 'pei' with a mouthful of spittle. Then spitting another mouthful of filthy languages.

"I originally thought you were really a non-local talented person with an alienated appearance. As it turns out it is your nature." Today, Xu Chang An's treatment to the Xu Family people, Xiao Qing Yan took it all in completely. As it turned out that Xu Chang An was born with a cold temper. Family members were also treated in 'a matter of no concern' manner.