Chapter 03

The marriage of the prince, also the marriage sanctioned by the emperor, this wedding ceremony was very lively. Just after a long day, looking at the lonely room, Xu Chang An did not know whether to feel at ease or distressed.

It would be nice to not meet with a strange man, but if he (XQY) was so disgusted with himself, it will be difficult for him in the future.

"Young Master, Your Highness should ...... you should eat something and take a rest early." Chunyu's heart was sadden, young master had already became the prince's wife, yet the prince gave his wife an airs. But, young master was after all, a man who should have married a woman and have children. Now after being married off to a man, every day would have to completely look at the other man's face. Wang Ye¹ seemed to be a really bad south wind². What should young master do?

¹Prince/ Marquis/ King/ an address of titled prince
²have no good temperament(?)

"Let's wait a while, in case His Highness comes over and young master has fallen asleep." Yang Momo was an old woman who had previously served Xu Chang An's mother. She was a woman who had seen the world and knew that the Imperial Family's customs alone were a lot. She naturally was being extremely careful, and she feared the gender differences would tread as fault and implicated Xu Chang An.

"Momo, give me something to eat. All of you go quickly to rest, you were also tired from the entire day." Knowing that the First prince would not come, they didn't have to wait. Just after the words fell, Xu Chang An recalled that when they had arrived at this prince's residence, he was afraid because of not knowing where the kitchen was, how do he eat? Looking at the tea snacks on the table and thinking about its being able to fill up his belly, he directly sent away the yatous and Momo then sat down at the table.

When Xiao Qing Yan pushed open the door to enter, Xu Chang An was picking up a piece of cake to put it into his mouth. When he heard the door swinging, Xu Chang An's first reaction was 'Xiao Qing Yan has come back'. He did not panic. He put down the pastry in his hand and stood up. Neither tightly nor slow, he advanced towards Xiao Qing Yan and looked his way, then he paid that person respect: "Paying respect to His Highness."

Xiao Qing Yan looked at the calm and collected composed man in front of him, his 'correctly named and truthfully stated'³ wife. The indignant resentment and grievance in his heart could not be express. Directly disregarded the person who paid him respect, without leave went to the plank bed which was decorated for wedding event. He lied down with clothes on, closed his eyes and not issued even one brief remark.

³(idiom) perfectly legitimate

It was not yet winter, but it was already late autumn, it would be cool in the evening. Xu Chang An knew that he was unlikely be pleased with His Highness prince, there was not much disappointment in his heart. Although the person on the bed had closed his eyes, he respectfully with both hands clasped in front; bowed to the person on the bed. Then, he withdrawn from the room to go the outer room beside it.

The person inside was originally the most honourable prince of the Xiao dynasty. His birth mother was the 'green plums and a bamboo horse'⁴, Late Empress. He was both the eldest son of the emperor and the eldest son of the emperor's formal wife. In the ordinary course of event, he was the Xiao Shi Dynasty's correctly named and truthfully stated future Son of Heavenⁿ, but now had became the most distant person from succeeding the throne.

⁴(idiom) childhood sweetheart
ⁿEmperor

Since the founding of Xiao Shi Dynasty there had been a custom of impart and inherit from generation to generation. It was stated that the crown prince must have been born by the empress. Now Xiao Qing Yan married a man as his official wife, he would no longer have his own legitimate son and heir. Naturally, he would be dismissed from the throne.