Script 34: Group Chat

Juzira's phone buzzed during class. Usually, if you were caught using your phone during class, you'd have a consequence. However, since Juzira was shunned, no one would usually pay attention to him.

"Did you guys hear?" asked Chorudo.

"About what?" replied Juzira.

"Somajo Benkei and Koneos Zetsu have been found dead this morning, in the abandoned factory where the Red Raiders were."

"What the hell? Koneos Zetsu, the Shadow Leader?" asked Diama.

"Could it be the Guardian Demon who could've killed them?" asked Julie.

"How'd they find the bodies?" wondered Dante.

"Some person reported it, and soon enough it reached the school rumors before the cops had had a chance to find out about it," responded Chorudo, "Talk about a lousy job."

"What kind of person would be able to defeat Koneos?" asked Juzira, "From what we've experienced, that guy is almost invincible with his gift. No one, not even other Horyo, could stand against that guy."

"But it's clear that somebody did.." meekly commented Kirima.

"That's why I suggest that we should go to abandoned factory to find out who exactly the killer was," planned Chorudo, "Knowing Koneos, he's not the type to leave us all in the blank about who had killed him. He's way too prideful to be triumphed by that. If only Benkei was still alive, he'd have some useful intel too. Since they both died, it's clear that the dangerous Guardian Demon had to be the one to finish them off."

"Wait!" texted Julie, "But what are the chances that you may get ambushed? They could be wandering out in this school for all we know!"

"That may be right," said Juzira, "There has to be a way for the Guardian Demon and their Horyo to bypass Benkei's interrogation that one day. If they're here after committing the crime, then we may be closer to finding out who they are."

"Are we just gonna wait until he kills yet another person?" demanded Chorudo, "We can't let another minute pass by! We're all getting closer and closer to danger after all!"

"I know that!" said Julie, arguing with Chorudo, "But the chances of death would be even higher if he's already in the school, possibly taking us out when we're at our weakest. When we're not paying attention! And who knows if you'll get ambushed at the factory and end up like Koneos and Benkei?"

"Chorudo's right Julie," said Juzira, "We really can't afford to let anymore people die. In the event that we get ambushed, we'll bring in the most powerful Horyo to the factory: Chorudo, Kirima, and I. We'll find clues and hopefully uncover who the Guardian Demon and their Horyo is."

"I've got a really bad feeling about this.." mumbled Julie.

"That's why you should all stay on guard, the ones who are staying at the school," said Chorudo, "It's obvious that whoever they are, they're targeting Horyo, especially those who seek to find the truth. We'll leave at lunch time."

"Stay safe guys," replied Diama.

Around lunchtime, Chorudo, Kirima, and Juzira met up by the courtyard and began to discuss plans on what they would do once they reach the factory. After that, they walked together by the sidewalks, leaving the school premises and quickly traveled to the factory, getting there before the police could.

"It's kinda weird isn't it?" asked the girl beside Julie, who was eating her lunch, watching the trio leave.

"Allison Stolfo!" exclaimed Julie in surprise.

"Sorry for sneaking up on ya," smiled Allison, "I just thought it was odd. Isn't Juzira supposed to be the shunned person in school? What's he doing hanging out with Chorudo, who's one of the most popular people, like ever? And I don't even know who that other guy is.."

"I've been so caught up in stress," mumbled Julie, "That I didn't realize that Toni was finding people to rely on. I wouldn't call them friends.. but they're somewhat acquaintances. Despite the trouble he's been in, he's always found a way to rebound back."

"I bet he paid Chorudo to hang out with him," scoffed Allison.

"Have more faith in Toni!" whined Julie.

As she turned around, she could no longer see the trio, since they had already crossed the street. In her mind, she was begging for them to stay safe and to make it out unharmed.