Script 3: Crossfire

Juzira cut up his hotdog with his fork and knife and began to eat the little pieces. Julie was staring at him with the same 'seriously?' face that she always gave him.

"What's with those guys?" asked Juzira, pointing at a group of people rocking pompadours on their heads.

They were harassing a vending machine and trying to get the snacks inside without paying for money. The vending machine was left beaten up, not letting the boys take the valuables inside.

"Allison!" smiled Julie as she waved over at another girl, "The Batty Baseball Gang is at it again!"

"Seriously?" scoffed Allison as she beckoned some other students to follow her, "Thanks for notifying me, Julie. And don't hang around with that guy too much."

Julie chuckled nervously as Allison and the other students began to talk the gang off from trying to break the vending machine. Allison Stolfo was the student council president, as well as one of Julie's close friends. She handles everything that the students go through in Silver Leaf High School, as well as the hall monitors and obedience displaying. She wants to follow in the footsteps of her father, who is a politician who handles events relating to guardians.

"Batty Baseball Gang?" asked Juzira, confused.

"The Batty Baseball Gang has been around since the beginning of Silver Leaf High School's operations," explained Julie as she ate her apple, "They used to be hardcore, and even responsible for the beating of a student with a bat and hanging him on the front of the high school as a lesson not to mess with them.

Many generations have passed, and now they've been reduced to simple ruffians who just mess around with slight things like destruction of property. I wouldn't go snooping around and trying to stop them though."

"Why is that?" asked Juzira as he ate his orange with the skin.

"The gang leader of the Batty Baseball Gang is supposedly a Horyo, just like you. It's how they've maintained their power up to this day. I don't want you getting messed up like a few days ago when you told me how you found out King Nothing's name."

"King Nothing, huh?" said Juzira as he looked behind him to find those red glowing eyes looking straight at him again, as if he was expecting him to do something, "I know it's been a while since that incident happened, but I'm sure that I wouldn't have to use my gift again."

...

"Hey.. why am I in a situation where I would have to use my gift again?" thought Juzira as he stared straight at a group of Batty Baseball Gang members, "I kinda don't want to use my gift on them. They haven't done anything wrong."

He was being held up by his arms by another gang member. In front of him was supposedly the leader of the group.

"You really thought you can walk away and act like you didn't just bump into me, Ruben Basilisk?" asked the gang member with a pompadour in front of him, holding a baseball bat in his hand and smacking it on his other to look more intimidating, "What's your name?"

"Juzira Tonijo, sir," mumbled Juzira.

"Speak up!"

"Juzira Tonijo, sir!"

"Alright, your shirt looks kinda cool," said Ruben as he inspected Juzira's outfit, "Take it off for me."

The gang member behind Juzira let go of Juzira to complete his task. He took off his jacket and was in the middle of taking off his shirt before he was hit in the stomach by the baseball bat. He collapsed to the ground and fell to his knees, clutching his stomach, head on kneeling on the floor. His cap fell to the ground as well.

"You really thought I wanted your piss poor shirt?" asked Ruben as he put his foot on Juzira's head.

"Oi, Ruben," mumbled another gang member, combing his pompadour, "The boss will nag on us if we're late."

"Yeh, alright," said Ruben as he held his hand in the air, beckoning the rest of the group to follow, "You have better learned your lesson, kid. Treat your upperclassmen with respect."

As Juzira laid down on the ground in pain, jacket off and shirt half off, he thought to himself, "That guy's uniform was for a lower class than me... I'm technically older.."

After a few minutes of groveling in pain, Juzira sat up and put on his shirt, putting on his jacket right after. He looked around for his cap to find out that someone else had it right in front of him.

"You kinda dropped this," mumbled the boy, wearing a black and gray flannel with a shirt underneath.

He also had eye shadow on, with long hair and a hoodie almost covering his face. Juzira hesitantly grabbed the cap from the boy.

"Your face kinda looks weird," said Juzira as he stood up, revealing that he was taller than the boy.

The boy stared at Juzira in silence, getting used to being made fun of. Juzira on the other hand had no social cues, and didn't think that what he said was an insult at all. The boy then turned around to leave, without saying a word. As he left, Juzira noticed a little glimpse of white coming out of the boy.

He didn't think anything of it and grabbed his bag. He shuddered and looked beside of him to find King Nothing staring at Juzira once again, as if he was wondering why Juzira didn't use his gift on those gang members earlier.

"They didn't do anything wrong," mumbled Juzira, "It was completely justified for what they did to me."

The red glowing eyes seemed to glow brighter, an ominous sound of frustration coming out of King Nothing. Juzira had gone used to King Nothing, and shrugged it off like he always did. He looked around again to find out which street he was in, and walked in the direction that would go back to his apartment.