Chap-10

Elijah's POV.

"When is my next conference. The last one with Mr. Wood was not nicely represented, so inform the group to make the presentation better this time or I will fire someone with pleasure." I coldly answer my Secretary 'Susan'.

"Your next conference is at 2 and I will inform the group about the presentation." She left the office after saying that.

My head is throbbing from pain. It is not new, and I been not getting sleep these past two weeks. I couldn't even make time to meet Juliet in these two weeks. She didn't call which make me disappointed.

I call Susan to bring me the fourth cup of coffee. Coffee is the only thing that is helping me stay fresh. I occupy my mind in the paper again.

Julia's POV,

My shift is about to over in 2 minutes. The sky is dark as it is already. I hope I get the bus, I missed the bus at least two times now.

I reach the bus stop in time today. I couldn't bring myself to call Elijah. I would lie if I say I didn't miss him. At times, I even open his contact number but then click the home page.

When the bus halts a few steps away from my place, I find an ice cream shop. Why don't I call him to come over for some ice cream? I want to see him no scratch that. I need to see him.

I took some different flavors from that day. The whole apartment was messy because I didn't get the time to clean it. I tidy the place quickly and took a short shower too. A big hoodie and shorts will do for tonight.

I nervously bit my nail as I call Elijah. He received it on the second ring.

" Who are you " he answered in a teasing tone.

" You don't remember me." I dramatically gasp.

"No. Your number is not saved on my phone so what is your name.?" I remember him saving my name in his phone with Julie. I loved the nickname he gave me.

"I'm your Alien273 friend," I giggle.

"Oh, my Alien273 friend. Well, how is life at space bro?" He said playing along with my act.

"I'm here on earth. I wanted to inform you that I'm having an ice cream party and don't have many friends on the earth so I thought why not call My bro at my place." I change my voice in a manly way.

"Let me see my schedule. Oh, I think I'm way too much free tonight. I will be at your place in 5 minutes. Oh and Alien273, Can you make me a cup of coffee too. I have been craving your coffee since forever." He teases me again.

I cut the call with a smile. While making the coffee, I couldn't stop grinning. After exactly 5 minutes, the doorbell rings.

"I can smell your coffee from here." He yells from the other side of the door.

I open the door to see a very tired looking Elijah. His eyes were red and eye bags are the sign that he is not getting any sleep.

" Do you want me to come in or not."  He says with a smile. I move away from the way and let him come inside.

My apartment looks as usual small in comparison to his presence. He drops his bag beside the couch and sits on the couch with a sign.

I first got his coffee and sit beside him. He holds the cup and takes a sip.

"The flavor is as usual tasty. What are the ingredients? wine and coffee" he makes a comment But he didn't wait for my reply and sips the coffee again.

To bring the ice cream from the kitchen I stand up but Elijah stops me by holding my wrist and push me back on the couch.

"Talk to me," Elijah said.

"What do you want to talk about?" I tug my hands under the chin and rest my elbow on knees.

" How was your day at work?" He asks the basic question.

"It was too much tiring. Other two worker was on leave so I completed all their task." He takes my hands and gives it a light massage. I sign and lay back on the couch.

"How was yours," I mumble, still on cloud 9 from the relaxation from the massage.

"Same here. Did too much work. I am not getting much sleep too, that is affecting my work speed too." He answered still massaging my hands.

His one palm can cover my whole arm. I push his hands away and put his hands on my lap. My two palms are needed to knead is one arm. Great, I was right. He is a giant.

I hear his laugh so I look up. Did I say that aloud?

"You think I am a giant but what about these little hands." He said as he compares his palm with mine.
I pout at him.

"Sorry. Continue whatever you were doing. I will not utter a word now." He returns his hands back in my lap. I shook my head at him and continue massaging.

Banging on the door startled me. Who could it be? I didn't invite anyone else.

" Did you invited anyone else except me." He asked with a disappointed expression.

"No." I frown at the door and stride towards the peephole to see who is it.

Autumn.

I gaze back at Elijah and give him a nervous smile. I open the door and let Autumn in.

Elijah's eyes are following Autumn's step trying to recognize her as if he knows her.

" Elijah, she is Autumn. My neighbor's daughter and Autumn, He is Elijah, my friend." Her whole face turns red from looking at him. Girl, I can understand, Welcome to the club.

" Hello, sir. I didn't know Juliet had guests today." She said looking at the ground.

" It's alright. We were about to have an ice cream party. Wanna join in?" Here comes Elijah's infamous smile. He grins at ' Wanna join in'. No one can say no to that smile.

"Really, you wouldn't mind if I come too," she asks excitedly, I shook my head and smile at her.

I bought enough ice cream for three people. Chocolate for Elijah and cookies and cream for us.

When I went back to the living room, Autumn was showing Elijah her teddy bear ' Fluffy '. I hope she doesn't spill my Teddy's name.

"I heard you named your teddy as Buzz. Really Julie buzz." My inner goddess jumped at my nickname. I am thinking about changing my name as Julie now.

"Shut up." I playfully glared at him.

I place the bowls on the table and sit down on the floor because the couch doesn't have enough space now.

"Mom was asking, how did your blind date go."

"What blind date? " Elijah yells.

I totally forgot about it. Autumn's Mom set me up on a blind date but I didn't meet him. I thought I will give her an excuse that I was busy with my shift or something.

Elijah's eyes are still widened.

"I didn't go to the date. I was too busy." I reply.

His shoulder slumps but his eyes are still widened.

"You're not meeting a complete stranger for a date. Understood." He scolds me. I roll my eyes at his words.

"Ok, now let me eat my ice cream." I show him my tongue.

Vote me.
Follow me.

Be patient with my book and write comments on your favorite scene in the chapter.🤭🤗🤗