Chap-2

Elijah's POV.

Today will be a busy day. This is the day when I do inspections on my hotels and restaurants. All I do is visit them and see if they are doing well. My employees are scared of this inspection because on this day I fire all people who are not good at their job.

My Dad was the owner of all this business but he is retired and hand it all to me. I did more progress with the company because of my strick nature and punctuality at work. They call me fearmonger boss. I don't mind them, they can call me whatever they want.

The restaurants are my target for today. My restaurant chain is called Esperanza by the name of my late mother.

I close my suit buttons as I step out of my car. I look at the building as the glass shine back at me. My driver/bodyguard follow me on my way to the door. The door is closed but I can hear the faint tune coming from the other side of the room, probably a piano. I don't know much about music but this melody is beautiful so I open the door to see who is playing it.

A girl around the age of '20s was seating in front of a piano. She is lost in the melancholy of the music. She looks so small in front of it. Her hairs are short and brunette. She was the definition of beauty.

She looks sad, lost even, and achingly lonely. She stops as the piece complete and then she squeezes her eyes for a split second may be in pain,  if I wasn't seeing her this closely I wouldn't have noticed too. She continues again.

I move towards her, drawn like the moth to the flame. I sit on the nearest table from the piano still can't able to look away from her. Her eyes are still closed,  how can she play piano with her eyes closed. She looks like she knows what is she doing.

The manager of the restaurant stand beside my chair but I still couldn't take my eyes off her. This is new for me, I don't stare at women for longer than one minute but she is different. I shook my head and turn to look at the manager.

" What can I bring for you, sir. " He asks as a waiter is standing beside him with his pen to write down my order.

" White truffle, lobster risotto, and a bottle of wine. " I close my menu and again turn my face towards the girl. As the manager was about to leave,  I stop him.

" What is her name. " I asked him by pointing my finger towards her. He didn't say anything and look at the girl and then at me. He is nervous, he doesn't know her name. Perfect.

" Go ask her before I fire you from not knowing your employee's name. " I said with a glare.

He said sorry and then went to her side. She opens her eyes as he taps her on her shoulder. Then she did something unexpected she flinches away from him with a gasp like she is scared of him or something. My frown deepens why did she flinch away, Have he been misbehaving or harassing her. I clench my fist and was about to stand up but she calms down and apologizes for her behavior. He asked her name for which she looks at him for a second and in the end tell him.

As the manager was coming quickly by my table, I kept looking at her. Her gaze turns on me and she turns red after a moment. What is she thinking? I still keep eye contact and she turns fully red. Is she intimated by my gaze? She looks at her feet after I guess being caught staring at me.

" Juliet, Sir, " The manager said.

" Ok. " I said. I have to get out of here before I make my way there and kiss the hell out of her, I won't be able to control myself. I can't pull her into my dark world. She looks innocent.

I stand up and said to the manager that I would come again and I want her still there.
Just to watch and nothing else. I said to myself.