Chap -14

Julia's POV.

Autumn's birthday is tomorrow and I didn't buy a gift yet. I am confused, What should I give her? I'm standing in the middle of the mall and still couldn't think of anything. My phone chimes from an incoming message. I get only two people's messages. Elijah's and companies.

I open the text.

Elijah: Where are you?

Juliet: At a mall. Autumn's birthday is tomorrow and I still didn't buy any gift.

Elijah: Oh shoot, I forgot to buy her something too. What are you buying?

Juliet: Haven't decided yet.

Elijah: Ok.

After like two minutes, he didn't send anything. What was I expecting? A nice conversation. He is a busy person Julia. At least he is talking to you.

I move around the mall, still couldn't find anything. I have a bottle of apple juice in my hand and my purse on the other one. My heart pounds as I feel someone standing just behind me. Is it him. What will he do if he finds out that I am roaming around? Will he drag me back to Seattle?

The person from behind put a hand on my stiff shoulder. I flinched and drop my bottle from it. I move around to see who is it? What I see was a frowning Elijah.

I punch him on his shoulder for making me feel frightened. I punch him again with more force.

"Stupid, can't you just call me or something. You scared me. I dropped my apple juice too" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Sorry, I just wanted to surprise you" he looks at me with puppy eyes.

"It's okay, buy me this juice again. Because of you, I dropped it" I grin at him.

He salutes at me and buys two drinks for me and himself.

He came here to buy a gift for Autumn too. We start at the first shop. When I found a book shop, I went inside to buy some books. Elijah followed me there too.

I brush my fingers against the chain of books. The book that grabs my attention was Tuesdays with Morrie. I heard that this book is good. It is about an old man an--, my thoughts cut out as a person must be working here comment about the book.

"It is a really nice book. I can show you other books that I am sure you will like." He smiles friendly towards me.

"Yeah, I would love that. I am bad at buying books. I always buy terrible endings books" I return his smile. I want to have my own section of books in my house.

"Follow me then" he took me around and let me tell you, he has a great taste in books. He is funny too. Elijah is following us too with his usual blank face. I swear, no one can read his mind. It's like he won't let someone too much close to him, even touch him.

I never saw him getting too much close to anyone. He barely talks to Mia and anyone for that matter. I get shocked listening to the tone he used, when I see him talk to Eric ( Landlady's husband) that day. It was like he has some different aura when he was talking to him, Dark aura. Does he talk to every person like that?

"Enough of the book shopping. We will be late and won't have time to buy Autumn's gift" he said in his dark tone when someone else is around us. I nodded. He came to stand beside me and curl his one hand around my waist and take the books that I was holding. What is with him today?

I didn't let him pay for the books because he already bought my juice. He holds the bag in his hands and didn't take his other hands-off from my waist.