Chap-19

Julia's POV.

I have been at Mia's place since the morning as she is making me pretty. Autumn was playing and Mia is standing in front of the closet trying to find the best dress for me.

She took out three dresses and the most beautiful one was a pink one. The neck was designed and covered with net strings and the sleeves were decent too. I ran my fingers at the bottom of the dress which was silk.

Mia is a bit longer than me and the dress was with her before she gave birth to Autumn. She shoves the dress on my lap and said to keep it to myself as it doesn't fit her anymore.

I am more than happy to take it. I always wanted to have so many dresses but never had the money to buy. I only had five skirts which were too much worn out.

I had still three hours before Elijah come to pick me up. Actually, I don't take much time to get ready.

I lock the door of the bathroom and strip. The cold air tinge my bare body so I put it on quickly. The dress was a little bit tight, well who would have thought that Mia was that skinny before she had Autumn.

I look at myself in a small mirror hanging on the wall in this small bathroom. My pale face which is covered with light freckles. I never liked my freckles. The mole that is just below my lower lip stands out even more as my lips were red from the lipstick that Mia just insisted to put on.

I smoothen my hairs away from my face. Am I being selfish? Should I stop here? He will not like this.

The last words he said to me repeated in my mind.
"I will find you and when I will, you will die by my hands" his voice sends chills down my spine.

The scene repeats in the mirror in which I was looking at myself a minute ago. The blood and shattered glass with him laying there replayed like a movie in the mirror.

He didn't like it when I let my hair free down my neck. He said my hairs are ugly they are making my ugly face even uglier. I should die before I show my ugly face to the world.

His hands choking my neck till my vision blurred and the face gets red. The rings felt cold on my skin as they block my already muffling voice.

The mirror again shows my face as I get back in reality by the knocking sound from the door.

"Get out of the bathroom. We have to do your hair too." I reply with a silent yes.

I ran my fingers on my neck where his fingers choked me.

My hairs are getting longer, which reminds me I have to color them again or my blonde hair will be noticed.

I open the door and sit down on the chair. I reminded Mia to not tie my hairs. Elijah doesn't like them tied, he always hides away my scrunches in his pocket and says if I won't find them I won't tie them.

I bet he had a collection of my scrunches in his room.

The time passed to four. Mia is done with my hair and a little bit of makeup to hide my dark circles.

I thank her and went back to my place as she was yelling from her room to use protections and she doesn't want to see another little Elijah moving around my place. She thinks we will do it tonight.

The time is now moving too slow. I was having second thoughts about not going and now I'm getting impatient for him to arrive.

The knocking on the door startled me, I have the habit to get startled even when the timer of the oven gets off.

I open the door and step back for him to enter the hall but get surprised as he didn't move.

"You a- are looking beautiful" he shutters. His eyes are taking me all in as they move from head to toe.