Chap -4

Julia's POV

I bolt up from the bed as I hear shouting from outside my apartment, It happens everyday. There is this couple who lives with their single child.

They are always fighting and throwing things. The shouting is so bad that I can't even close my eyes without flinching.

I look at clock to see its midnight. My sleep is interrupted so I took my hoddie and open my door to look outside.

A girl around the age of 7 is sitting on the stairs, bawling her eyes out. I feel bad for her, why are they doing this to their own child. She must be scared.

"Do you want to come inside " I ask her smiling.

"Mommy will be mad if she didn't find me. " she said.

I sit beside her on the stairs. If she can't come with me inside then why don't I stay here. I look closely at her. She is wearing a worn out skirt and her hands are a teddy bear.

" What's his name?" I said pointing at the teddy. I used to have one when I was little. He was with me in every bad days.

" Fluffy." She said with excitement.

"You are good at giving names. I used to call my teddy buzz." She giggle at my name. I smile back at her.

"Do you want to eat something. I have ice cream too." I whisper in her ear as if I am saying her my top secret. She nodded speedily. I chuckle and tell her to wait for me. I take out the ice cream from my little fridge.

Her name is Autumn. I loved her name. We sat by the stairs and finish our Ice-cream. She told me about her friends at her school. She has same hairs as mine, brunette. I look around to see a small window. The sky is blue now, its morning already. The shouting has also stop now. The door open and came a lady, her eyes are red, probably from crying.

"I'm sorry honey. " She said.

"Its okay mommy. She give me ice cream, It was so yummy. " she pointed towards me. I forget to tell her my name.

" Its Juliet. " I tell her Mom. She grab my hands and thank me repeatedly.

" Why don't you leave him-- Sorry I shouldn't tell you that. " I apologize just as I complete my sentence.

" No, You are right but I can't. He is all I have. He was not like this before. " She said as a tear drop from her eyes.

" My door is always open for autumn to stay. We are best friends too. Right Autumn?"She nod with a chuckle.

" Thank you again. We should go now. " She pointed at her house.

" Yeah sure. "I waved at her and enter my room. I should take a shower now. I am going to search for a new job. Whole afternoon I had nothing to do.

I have to buy some things from the market too. I got my first salary so I can buy some things now. I want to buy some sleeping pills too, the dark circles under my eyes are making it obvious that I am not getting sleep.

The nightmares are not helping too. Sometimes there is a different dream. A man with charcoal eyes, Mr. Elijah. The glance of that man is enough to give me shivers. In my mind , I'm excited to meet him again. I want to see him again, he maybe intimidates me but I want to stare at those eyes.

I shook my head and take my keys and lock the door. The weather is nice too, the clouds are there about to sprinkle rain. I walk around to find a perfect shop to buy things.

I like to observe people around me. The couple that pass just right now were kissing and hugging. I envy their love. A small boy tugging his mother's hands to move her to the bakery , maybe begging her to buy him some sweets.