Chap-22

Elijah's POV.

I have the last conference at seven and I want to get out of here already. It's weird for me too because I don't look at the time to get out of the office. I have slept on the couch of my office because I had work to do early in the morning but right now all I want to do is start my car and make the first stop at her apartment.

Her small kitchen makes me want to cook for her. Her scent is in every corner of the house.

I have been happy these days. The ratio of people getting fired in my office is less now.

It is not like I stay at my place, It doesn't matter whatever the place is, I just need her beside me. I want her to find me in the room full of people and smile at me and feel at home.

I grin at the idea of home. I now understand the meaning of home, it isn't the place, furniture, or any room. It is all about her presence in it.

The meeting was over, Finally. I went to my office and text my Julie.

Elijah: Free?

After like two or three minutes she replied.

Julie: I am at the restaurant. Your restaurant to be specific.😛

Elijah: How long is your shift going to take?

Julie: One and a half hour😶

She has a habit to use emoji in every text. I wrap up my office and call Lucas to bring my car. I want to see my girl right now.

The drive to the restaurant was short, Lucas opens my door as we reach there.

I close my suit buttons and stand in front of the entrance. It felt like Dejà Vu. The door of the hall was not open yet and I can hear the melody of the piano.

The door was soon opened by Lucas and I made my way inside the dining hall.

There was my girl sitting in the same place as her first time. Playing the piano but the one thing that is changed was that she was not playing it with the same pain. Her face has a small smile, her eyes are as usual closed. The tune was nice too, I want to buy her a piano but then I think she is going to move in my place anyway.

The waiters stopped at their place after seeing me. They were not expecting my arrival today. I didn't look at them, I stride towards the seat closest to the piano.

She still doesn't know I'm here. I want to see her reaction when she opens her eyes.

The waiter came to take my order but I didn't give him my order.

"I want that girl to take my order" I point at Julie.

I remember when the manager was asking her name when I first saw her she flinched. I wanted to know her story so bad but I controlled myself if she is not ready then I will wait.

It is not like she is going anywhere. I don't want to force her into anything.

The waiter nodded and walk up to Julia. He tapped on her shoulder and just like that day. Her body stiffens as she sees the waiter. What happened in the past that made her way.

Her eyes move around the room and finally stop on mine and her face that was blank a second ago got a huge grin on it.

The waiter said something to her and she nodded at him and take his note to write down my order.

She is looking cute in her dress. I changed the uniform of this restaurant, the previous one was weird. I decided this dress personally, the dress is navy blue and it reaches down to her knees. Her short height makes the dress look even better on her.