Chap-39

Julia's POV.

2 days before

I begged the doctor to not say anything to Elijah and make an excuse that I want to reveal my pregnancy differently. He was convinced about my lie, he prescribed me different vitamins and left the note on the table.

I was busy staring at the window to saw Elijah came inside. My mind keeps making scenarios about how is Elijah going to react. The bed squeaks when Elijah sat on it. I was pretending that I don't know he is on the bed.

I guess it is my right to be angry for his ignorance.

He shook my shoulder to show that he is here. His eyes were pleading me to recognize him. He is feeling guilty. Why? After seeing my blank expression he looks down at his lap.

I may be angry at him but I don't want him far away from me. It is my hormones or just me being me that wants him impossibly closer to me.

"Can you sleep here tonight?" I asked, no I pretty much begged him.

"Of course." He answered with a relieved sigh. The bed is not made today. My laptop, books even my pajamas are laying everywhere. Should I clean it first before going to sleep? I don't know I am tired. I look up at Elijah

My breath quickens as he stands up. I catch the hem of his shirt.

" I am not leaving. I am coming right back. Just going to change. I am sweaty." He assures me. I again begged him to come quickly.

I keep looking at the bathroom door waiting for Elijah. The noise of running water came from the bathroom and I knew he will take a little longer.

My hands unconsciously make their way to my stomach. I begin to whisper things to my little potato.

"Your Momma is happy to have you." I wipe away my tear and move my hairs out of my face.
"I love you" My eyes get closed from exhaustion and sleep overtook my body.

I jolted from my deep sleep as the nightmares came back. I can feel my body burning up from fever. First, I calm my pounding heart and look at my left to see the handsome Elijah sleeping like he just came out from his shooting.

I turn my body to look at him properly. I mean, I would love to see this beautiful creature dozing every day.

The bed on his side was made properly which means he cleaned the mess I made. A grin appears on my face when I find my hand intertwined with his and he snuggles with it like his favorite pillow.

His lashes are longer than mine. Lips rosy, again better than mine.

I lean forward and peck them claiming them mine to myself.
He is mine in my mind. I giggle at the sound of it.

My words are proof that I am not thinking through my mind.

I took a hold of our intertwined hands and put his on top of my tummy. His palm felt cold on my heated skin.

"I'm pregnant." I gush at him. My whispers can be only heard by us but I guess it now includes our little potato.

"I will tell you when the right time will come" I promise him.

I don't know how is he going to react. I am not ready to watch him getting more distant than now. I didn't move our intertwined hands from my abdomen.

Elijah in his sleep tuck me closer by my waist to his chest and let out a deep breath. In the rhythm of his heartbeat, I fall asleep.

The morning came but this time I didn't find Elijah on the other side holding my hand. I didn't find his face tucked into my neck. The morning kisses that I expected were not there too.

I touch his side of the bed to find it warm. He left the bed minutes ago. He must be in his office.

I sat up holding my pounding head. The fever is not getting off and the headache is still there.

I put on some shorts but keep the shirt I was wearing. I padded my way to Elijah's office.

The door opens but I couldn't find Elijah on his chair. I frown and was about to leave but I halt and take a whiff of the study room.

It is from Jasmine deo. The same Ben wears. My heart stopped, was Ben here? I turn again and search the room for another sign that shows that it is just in my head that Ben was here.

The drawers didn't show any signs of Ben's belonging. When my eyes fall on the top of the desk. I found a white envelope with the same scent extracting from it.

I picked up the envelope with my shaking hands and empty it on the table.

The first photo was of me laying on the kitchen floor with bruises on my face, the second photo of me naked on my bed. I remember the first time he drugged me. I thought he raped me already but he laughed at accusations saying it was no fun. He wanted me to scream with pain while he took my virtue.

I slump on the chair watching my nightmares in front of me.

Each photo is left with threats for me. The next one left me panicking, it was a photo of Elijah with his face cut from a knife or scissors. The pyscho is obsessed that he is now targeting Elijah. He is doing things that I was scared of from, the very first.

I turn the photo to see the threat in this photo.

"You took what was mine now take the responsibility. I will kill you.-B"

I gulp. This psychopath is giving Elijah threats but why didn't Elijah told me about this.

Did he think I lied to him about my virginity? Anyone after seeing this picture will think I was raped but I was not.

The last photo said " Give me Julia back and you will be left unharmed"

I can't go back to him but at least I can run away from Elijah and keep him safe. I don't want to leave him. A sob left my mouth and I feel the soup bile up to my mouth.

I run towards the bathroom and throw up everything. I flush the toilet.

I left the study room in a hurry and went to our room. The first thing I have to do is to get out of here. I remember running from Seattle but this time it was difficult to pack my little bag. This time my body is heavy like it is rejecting my decision.

I put warm clothes in my bag. I don't have much money left. My savings from the diner and the restaurant are not enough.

I couldn't make my mind as to what else I take away with me.
There is nothing here that belongs to me except our photo from the date. I took the frame and put it in my bag. I am taking the wrist band but I am not going to use it. I refuse to give Elijah hopes now.

The sound of footsteps near the room. Elijah is here, I quickly put the bag under the bed and sat down on the mattress.

" You are awake. Here, take these medicines. I brought some water too." Elijah says as soon as he enters the room.

I took the pills knowing half of them are for the little potato. It feels nice to take it from Elijah as it seems like he is reminding me to take my pregnancy tablets.

He touches my forehead and cheeks from the back of his hand.

"Why is your forehead damp? Did you took a jog or something?" He chuckles and takes the glass from my hand.

"Let's take a bath," he says casually.

"Together?" I ask him with raised eyebrows.

He nods and takes my hand to drag me to the bathroom.

I want to forget about Ben for an hour. I want to forget about the threats and be with Elijah for the last time.

Vote me.
Follow me if you like my story.

Thank me later for back to back chapters update.  😏 Till then B-byeeee.