Chap-11.

One month later.

If I say life is going great that would be a total lie. I get too tired when I return from work. People at work don't interact with me except lucy. Actually, it is better that way. The nightmares are getting worse, they are not always the same. But The darkroom, his face, and sadistic smile is more often. There is a different nightmare sometimes, Elijah is there holding a gun on his nape of the neck with tears in his eyes, but before he triggered the gun I wake up.

I don't want that dream to end like that. His dead opened eyes looking at me with his neck hollow bleeding from the bullet. I cried so hard when it happened the first time.

Elijah comes to my house sometimes but he is also acting weird lately. I asked him many times but he always changes the subject and asks why I have been depressed recently. I always reply as it is nothing. I wouldn't dare to tell him about the nightmare.  He would laugh at me, he may not believe it but I am scared of my nightmares. One of my nightmares became true in the past and that changed everything. I am afraid that this vision would come true.

My work was completed quickly so I returned home but when I was returning from the restaurant, I heard a distant cry so I went there to help. There has been a gang threatening and stealing in my residential area, I quicken my pace as the yelling becomes clearer. Two guys were holding a knife at Mia (Autumn's Mother) neck.

"Give us the money your husband owns us or we will take your daughter as payment for the debt" My eyes widened, they can't take her, can they?

"How much money?" I ask. There gaze turns at me. I don't have that much money but I can help a little. Both the guy looks at each other and smirk.

"Get out of here Juliet. I don't want you to be dragged into this." She pleaded. She helped me a lot and never ask anything in return. When I told her about what Eric. She kicked him in his groin and threatened him to not even come in front of me. This is my turn to return the favor.

"This little girl will pay us money, Matt," One guy said to another named Matt. They laughed again but I repeat the question.

"How much?" They stop their laugh and stare at me.

" 50,000 $" My eyes widened, I don't even have 15000 dollars, how am I going to pay them this much money.

"Don't drag her into this. She won't tell anyone--- " I cut her off.

"I have 5000 dollars right now." Mia pleaded again. I tell them to wait for me here.

"You are not going to give them a single penny. I will sort this out. Don't do anything reckless. This is my problem--" I again cut her off and run towards our apartment.

Tears are streaming down my face as I knew I am going to regret getting into this mess but I can't let Mia deal with this alone. What should I do, should I call Elijah. No, he will scold me to even follow the voice into the alley.

I wipe my tears and take out the money from the cupboard in the kitchen. I know that keeping money in the cupboard will be risky because of robbery cases going on here.

I put the money in a paper bag and run back to find Mia sitting there alone in the middle of the alley.

She looks up and walks hastily towards me and pushes me.

" Are you out of your mind, Stupid. They are dangerous. Promise me you won't do anything like that again." She holds my shoulder and shakes me a little. She hugs me out of nowhere and sobs.

"I was so scared, Juliet. They threatened to take Autumn away from me. She is my everything. I gave them my wedding ring. It is not that expensive but enough to shut their mouth for months now." She whacks my forehead and glares at me.

"Let's go before your ' he is not my boyfriend ' see you here and kill me " she chuckled at my red face. She is talking about Elijah, she is hell-bent about him being my boyfriend. She is not believing that we are not in a relationship. So here she is teasing me by naming him ' he is not my boyfriend.'

Elijah is coming today for ice cream. Yeah, I have no other reasons to call him. The tradition is different, he brings ice cream now. Different flavors all the time. Autumn loves him saying he is Santa Elijah, as she is treated with a bigger ice cream box every time.

I am pretty much closer to Autumn now. Whenever I get free, I spent time with either Autumn or Elijah. They both bring a smile on my face.

As we reach in front of the apartments, Elijah was frowning at both of us.

"What happened?" He asked with a frown.

"Nothing, I was just introducing our Juliet to my friends. They said she is pretty and Kevin was begging me for a single date with her." She smirks at Elijah. His jaw dropped.

" Why are you always introducing her to your friends." He tugs my hand and pulls me away from Mia. Mia laughs.

She comes closer and whispers in my ear." Promise me you will stay out of this matter." I nodded and then she walks away from us.

"What did she said?" Elijah asked curiously.

"That I gave her number to Kevin." She yelled.

"What is wrong with you?" Elijah yelled back.

"Let's go," I said and tug his hand to the elevator.

"You are not going to receive his call, Are you?" He whispers as we are in the elevator as the other people on the elevator are looking at me as if they are waiting for my answer.

"No" he huffs which makes the people look at him.

When we reach my apartment, Autumn was already standing there waiting for her Santa.

"Oh, I forgot to buy your ice cream Autumn." Elijah makes a regretful face. He is teasing her.

"Don't lie, Eli. I know you bring my chocolate ice cream. I can smell it from here." She sniffs with her little nose. He grins and taps her nose.

We eat our ice cream while Autumn tells us about her day at school. I am still shocked from earlier, They would have really taken away Autumn if Mia didn't give them her ring there.

Elijah put his hand on my shoulder and shook me while asking, what happened.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about Autumn's birthday. What should I gift her" I practically shouted the gift sentence. Her ears perk up and she smiled at me.

" Autumn's birthday is coming and no one told me," Elijah said with a frown.

"Mom refuses to have a party. I just want to invite my 4 friends and you guys." She pointed out her four fingers with a sad face.

"We can have your birthday party at my place," I suggest.

"Seriously Juliet. Thank you. I have to decide what to wear. I don't have a tiara. I have to go back home to see if I have a dress or not." She took her ice cream bowl and run to the door. Someone is excited. Mia will not be happy about me paying money for the party but I couldn't help her when those guys came.

"What should we do now? Our ice cream girl is busy deciding her dress." Elijah said.

"I wanted to show you something." I stand up and extend my hand. He first stares at the hand as if it has some sort of problem with it. He holds it and sends me his million-dollar smile.

To be continued.......

I know I'm evil but you will love 12 Chapter for sure. It will contain only our Julia and Elijah in the whole chapter.

Don't forget to Vote.
Follow me.

I hope you are liking the story.

Comment your favorite scene.