Chap-15

Julia's POV.

It is finally the day now, Autumn's birthday.

We have decided to celebrate it at my apartment, she invited her two friends and Elijah, saying that he is in the VIP list of guests. Mia invited the most guests. At first, she was refusing to have a party but now she decided that she is going to make the cake and I will bring other decorations.

Elijah couldn't come for decorations but he promised to be at the party. We didn't mind because Mia's friends will be there to help.

The doorbell rang of my apartment and Mia's arrived with two other guys behind her. Mia didn't like the idea of having the party at my place but Tyler doesn't like noises. I didn't mind having the party at my place. There will not be many people and if it makes Autumn happy then I can do this little bit favor for her.

The decorations were done in an hour or so. All Mia did was chat with the two guys whose names are Justin and Kevin. So there is really a Kevin named person and Mia was not lying.
Kevin is in a relationship and they are serious about each other. He was asking for advice on what should he buy on her birthday. I liked talking to him, he always makes jokes here and there.

"This picture is from our last date. She says that we should keep going on dates so our relationship stays fresh." He looks at the picture like it is the only thing he can see in this world.

I don't believe in love. I think it is a need for a person. The need for care, interact with someone, and have them by your side, this is all that is love about. The constant attention is what we need.

Looking at Kevin staring at the picture is that little bit percent that makes me believe that love is true. That it is still alive in people.

"Where is my gift, Juliet?" Autumn whine for the fifth time this evening. I haven't given her the gift. I went to my room and bring the bag of her gift along with me.

Her hands open the wrapper with excitement and shiny eyes. Her scream followed as she found Tiara.

"You are the best Juliet. I love you, I love you so much." She jumps at me so I catch her.

"Where is my hug?" Elijah's voice came from the hall. He is here already.

"Eli, Juliet bought me a Tiara. See I'm looking like a princess now" she asked him and wears her tiara to show him.

"I bet you will like my gift more than hers" he smirks at me.

"We will see." I fold my arms under my chest. His eyes move behind me and they darken.

"You must be Elijah" Kevin speaks from just behind me. We were seeing the pictures from his phone of their Paris trip.

"Yes." I want to roll my eyes at Elijah. He is back at his dark look. Autumn scream looking at the front door. Elijah's teddy is here. The guys are holding the huge bear, it is looking even bigger than when we saw it in the shop.

"Eli, Is this for me?" She screams again.

Elijah nods still looking at me. What is wrong with him suddenly? He was fine a minute ago.

"You are the best Eli." She jumps at him just like she did with me. He circles her around and the room fills with her giggles. Elijah's face brightens up a little too. The big bad Elijah has a weakness too.

He carries her towards the bear were the guys settle it down in the corner.

"Did you like it?" Elijah asks Autumn.

"I love it, Eli. I love you too much" And I thought she only loves me.

Elijah chuckles and puts her down near the teddy. She hugs him, she looks like a small baby in front of the teddy.