Chap-1

Julia's POV.

I pant excessively as I've been running for an hour now. I look back to see if anyone is following me. The alley around the corner is dark enough to hide me for a minute.

I heave as I sit down and put my hand on my heart to calm down. New tears started to fall from my eyes as I remember what I did back at the---

Julia calm down,  I said to myself. I have to get out of this place before someone finds me hiding here.

I again look back to see if someone is outside looking at me suspiciously. I found no one. Its 3 am, of course, no one is around.

I open my bag hastily to see that I took enough money to buy a ticket for the bus. The first thing that I saw was my driving license. I look at my photo.

As I look at myself in my picture, the one thing I hate about my face is my cream blonde hair. They made me cringe when I touch them because he--.

Julia, you have to stop thinking about it now. I again look around and found no one. I stand up while my whole body is shaking. I   have to change my appearance.

I hide my face with the only hoddie I brought with myself. The cold wind passes through my hairs, shivers ran down my spine. There is a Walmart shop which is pretty much empty. The building is derelict. I can buy something from here and no one will notice me.

I enter the shop with a chime of bells. The shelves are mostly empty. I took all the things I needed and pay the bill. The guy didn't even look at me, that's good. The lesser the people the more it will be easy to get away from this city.

I can't waste more money now. I have to buy a ticket. Based on the time there weren't many people at the bus stop.

I see there were only two buses and one bus stop was at Everett. Everett is pretty much close to Seattle I can't go there. The second one is going to Bellingham. I have never been out of Seattle.

I take a look around for a public toilet to change. When I get in,  I start my work. I take scissors out of my bag and cut my hair. Tears roll down my cheeks as my hairs fall down my shoulder, but I'm numb. My hairs are long as they flow down on my waist. I quickly take out the hair color that I bought. I didn't even see what color it is. I have 30 minutes until the bus started.

The pack of hair color said it will take 15 minutes to get better results. As I wait and close my eyes, the event that happened a few hours ago replayed. The blood, his fingers with rings.

I gasp and sob. This is going to haunt me till I die. The honking of buses from outside interrupts my thoughts. I hurriedly put everything back in my bag and wash my hair. I didn't even look at myself in the mirror and cover my face with the hoodie.

I see as the bus was filled with few people only. I sat down on the seat. When I will reach there, the sun will be up. The bus start and I look outside the window. I swear on my life that I will never come back to Seattle.

I couldn't close my eyes the whole way. What will happen once I will reach Bellingham? I don't know anyone there. Where will I stay at night? I don't have enough money to eat for even a week.

I look outside the window as the wall written- Welcome to Bellingham comes into view. I take a deep breath, the atmosphere around here is chilly with clouds. I have heard that Bellingham is known for its rainy atmosphere.

I couldn't help but look around. Bellingham is beautiful. The gentle touch of cool breeze, the chirping of birds. Is this what I have been missing my whole life.

The bus stops with a jerk. My heart stopped, why suddenly the bus halt. Is someone out there for me? My whole body turns cold. Two men from the far corner of the bus step out of the bus. Oh, it was their stop.