The grand finale

Hey, guys so there will only be a few more chapters of this story! Thank you so much for your support and patience with my slow updates. I plan on writing another fanfic or story soon so if you have any suggestions please let me know. Just an FYI you are not going to love me at the end of this story! Sorry, NOT sorry!  Also, this chapter will only be in Sky's POV because I couldn't think of something for anyone but her today for some reason.

XOXO Samantha

Sky's POV 

When I woke up I noticed that Auden wasn't next to me. I sat up and looked around and didn't see him anywhere. "Auden, "I called. No responses. "I grabbed my sword and pack and went looking for him. I decided to call his name again. "Auden?" No responses again. I was so worried. What if he left me? What if the career took him? I quickly shook that out of my head.

After an hour of walking, I was about to give up then I ran into something. I fell backward and when I sat up saw it was the last career alive. She then tackled me back to the ground holding her knife to my throat.  "Where's your lover boy? Did he leave you all alone?" My anger rising in my throat. "Well guess what I killed him," she spoke smirking. I felt a lump in my throat and then before I knew it I had tackled her onto her back and she was staring at me with wide eyes. "Tell me the truth NOW!" I yelled. I was so angry I had no control of it. I held her knife at her throat. "Okay, okay he's down by the lake I stole some of his supplies so he came after me and so I cut his leg." My anger was out of control so I finally slit her throat and ran. I then heard the canon and my hands started shaking. I then stopped after I heard the canon realizing what I did and started crying. "What is wrong with me? "I whispered to myself. I then realized this was all the capitols fault, not mine. I keep moving calling Auden's name every so often. 

"Auden," I yelled losing hope. There were five of us left I just wanted to go home so bad to see my family. "Sky?"  I heard someone call.  I then saw Auden walking towards me barley limping but in pain. I then ran to him and hugged him tightly. "I thought you were dead," I whispered crying.  "I thought I lost you too," He says. "Let me see your cut so I can make sure it's not infected," I tell him. He rolls up his pant leg up to his knee so I could see the wound. "It's not deep it should close on its own hopefully," I tell him. 

After a while, we went walking through the woods for food. We both kept our weapons ready in case we ran into anyone from the remaining districts. Just then we heard a cannon boom. We stop in our tracks. "I wonder who that was," I said turning to him. He shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know but it means there are four of us left. We should keep looking for food." I nodded in agreement. 

After getting all of our food we ate at sundown waiting for nightfall and the anthem to play. Of course, we saved some for tomorrow and any other day we might have to spend in the stupid arena.  When the anthem starts to play. The only picture in the sky is the last of the careers thankfully. I ended up falling asleep sitting next to Auden hoping that I can make it out of here alive.

When I woke up it was the next morning and Auden was still awake. "Why didn't you wake me so you could sleep?" I asked him sitting up. "I figured you need more sleep so I let you sleep. Also, I wasn't that tired," he replied. "You should get some sleep you'll need it," I tell him. "I am good seriously Sky I-" "No you are getting some sleep at least try for me," I say firmly. "You're so stubborn it's cute," He says smirking. "Get some sleep or I won't kiss you for the rest of the time in the arena," I say. "Fine you win I'll get some sleep," He finally gives in. "I'll wake you if I need anything," I tell him.

I let him sleep for a few hours before I woke him up with some breakfast. "Anything happen while I was sleeping?" he asks eating his food. I shake my head and continue eating. Just then we heard a scream and then a canon. "I guess there's only three of us now," Auden says stating the obvious. Just then the arena started getting darker. "What's happening?" Auden asks corniced. "Getting the finale over with I guess," I say wondering what they have in store. Just then I hear rustling in the bushes. Auden hands me my sword while he grabs his spear. Just then the boy 5 comes out running towards us. "I may be outnumbered but I can still win," he the runs toward me and I quickly react by moving at the last minute making his knife slamming into a tree. He then grabs a throwing knife from his pocket and chucks it at me. I end up ducking again somehow missing the attack again. "I guess you are a fighter not going down without a fight," He says smirking I then look over at Auden and I can see the worry in his eyes. "My name his Jack by the way so you can remember who killed you," He says. He then charges at Auden and They wrestle each other to the ground. "But I won't kill you Sky I kill your lover over here," My anger rise. He's on top of Auden so run towards them and push my sword into his back. "It's the capitol who wants all but one or two of us a dead. Not you or me. They think this is entertainment," I say pulling my sword out of his back." Well it's not supposed to be. They kill whoever gets in their way so they can send incent children to fight to the death in an arena for people to watch. I am done being a pice in there games," I yelling at the sky.I look over at Auden who is stunned. "Ladies and gentlemen may I present the victors of the 75th hunger games."

________________________________________________________________________________