Interviews

Katniss's POV

******************

I wake up still with my head on Peeta's chest and I realize I didn't have any nightmare. The first nightmare sleep I have had in a while. I look up and Peeta is still sleeping I then look at the time and see it's 7:00. I decide to wake Peeta up but before I can he starts to wake up without me doing anything. I then decide to plant a kiss on his cheek. "Good morning Katniss," He says smiling. "Good morning Peeta," I reply when then get up and get ready. When we head out we see Haymitch and Effie asleep together on the couch. "Looks like those to had fun," Peeta says quietly trying not to laugh. "Yeah I guess they did," I reply quietly also trying not to laugh. We head to eat breakfast but the realize we need to get the tributes up. "Well do we wake them up or the tributes?" Peeta says gesturing to Haymitch and Effie. "Wake them and then the tribute," I say firmly. Peeta nods and we head in to wake Haymitch first. He is startled to see us but then calms down Effie moves a little but then falls back asleep. "What are you doing?" He whispers. "I could ask you the same thing. But it's 7:15 we have interviews to work on," I reply. He nods and wakes Effie. We give them time to get ready and get the tributes up.

After Breakfast I start by working with Sky on winning the crowd over and talking to them. "Now don't be nervous just answer the questions like if you were talking to me," "I know but I still haven't told Auden I love him," She says quietly. "Then you're going to have to wait until the arena or tell him tonight because if you tell him any other time it might set him off," I say. She nods and we keep working on her interview. By the end, she does really well and then is sent off to Effie for manners and walking in heels. I then get Myla and help her with her interview. Myla does amazing on winning the crowd over. By the end of the day, we are all tired and head to bed I curl up next to Peeta and fall asleep into a nightmare. 

************

Peeta's POV

*********

I hear Katniss scream and I am instantly awake."Shh Katniss it's okay it was just a dream. I am right here your okay," I tell her trying to calm her down she then grabs my shirt and buries her head in it sobbing. I wrap my arms around her small frame and we stay there for a while. I hear a knock at our door. "Katniss I am going to get the door I promise I won't leave you," I tell her comforting her. I guess Haymitch couldn't sleep because when I open the door he is there. "What are you doing up Haymitch?" "Couldn't sleep. I was walking around and heard screaming. Is she okay?" He asks concerned. "Yeah, just a bit shook up," I reply. "Haymitch why don't you try and sleep we have their interviews tomorrow and then the games the next day," I tell him. He just nods and walks towards his room. I get back in bed by Katniss and hold her in my arms and we eventually fall asleep.

I am woken up when I hear Effie knocking on our door. "Up up up you two, we have a long day ahead of us," she says all bright and cheerful. She then walks out and Katniss hits me with a pillow I look up and see a bright smile on her face." Wake up Peeta," I smile back and we then get ready for the day. The tributes are already getting ready for tonight. When we walk out for breakfast Haymitch and Effie are eating and talking. "Well looks like the sleep heads got up finally," Haymitch says smirking. Katniss just rolled her eyes and while we eat we talk about today. "So after the tributes are ready we will give them the last words of advice and then they will wait until it's there turn," Effie says going over the plan for the day.

************
(The night of the interviews)
Haymitch's POV

***********

We walk out to the audience and take a seat in the second row waiting for the tributes to come out. We listen through careers and I am already anyone of them. When it's district 12's turn Myla is first. She does really well answer all the questions honestly and great. Then when it's Sky's turn we all get kind of nervous. "Please welcome, from district 12 Sky Brown," Cesear Flickerman yells over the crowd. She walks out with a smile on her face and I am hoping this goes over well. They talk about her score and her family back home and then it on to the boys. Auden does pretty well talking about his skills and other things. Roy, they talk about his family and if he had any siblings. After the night ended we all went back to our rooms. For the first time in a while, I fall asleep right away.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey, guys, I know this is a short chapter but I have been busy and forgot to finish it so the ending is not the best but I might edit it later. Anyway I hope you guys have a fantastic day and I will see you guys later. Bye!-Samantha